Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I imagine the outrage would have been similar if he hadn’t gone home tbh.
Every fucker is outraged about summat. Being burgled ain't nice I have been through it as a kid and we were all in the house. Luckily it was the one night my dad had a drink which was fortunate as a large kitchen knife went missing with a lot of our stuff.

If he had woke up that would probably have been him stabbed. That affected us more than anything else. We all went back to work or school the day after though.

Everyone is different as I said. I don't think he currently deserves a place in the team anyhow so it doesn't really matter.

Hope the police catch the pond life though.

I don't blame him for going home. Different people react differently to this stuff and he obviously felt his family needed him.

I'm sure it was a difficult decision and I hope he's able to rejoin the squad but I'm never going to criticise someone for choosing to be there for the people they love after a traumatic event.

It's strange that his agent stated his family were in the house and that the intruders were armed.
The police state no one was in the house and there is no evidence of the offerenders being armed. In fact it was only reported to them when the family returned from Qatar.

(He doesn't have a burglar alarm - or it wasnt set !! Very weird)

Putting aside what are people's views of him as a footballer. On a human level, what he and his family have been subjected to is horrendous ( whether the family were home or not), and will have lasting effects and I wish them all well, and hope they can all get over this gross invasion of privacy quickly, I know many don't.

The actions he took immediately, putting his family first against anything was spot on, and whether he plays again this tournament should not concern us

Lost his place at City....left.

Lost his place with England....left.

Unavailable for 2 trophy parades in consecutive seasons.

Seems to have a lot going on in his life. No wonder he can't concentrate and score 1 on 1s

Chelsea fans are certainly not impressed with him.
How many titles has Sterling won?

Which trophies has Sterling won? Raheem Sterling has lifted silverware on 10 occasions in his career, all during his time with Manchester City. There he won the Premier League and the League Cup four times each, as well as the FA Cup and Community Shield

The guy is a born winner and saying otherwise is just utter nonsensical.

Am I sorry he is no longer with us? NO but please don't be bitter towards him, he was a huge part of our success and for that he will always have my respect.

Putting aside what are people's views of him as a footballer. On a human level, what he and his family have been subjected to is horrendous ( whether the family were home or not), and will have lasting effects and I wish them all well, and hope they can all get over this gross invasion of privacy quickly, I know many don't.

The actions he took immediately, putting his family first against anything was spot on, and whether he plays again this tournament should not concern us
Oh come on, it isn't horrendous. I've been burgled, like Raz no one was at home. Yeh it's a bummer but hardly horrendous.

Oh come on, it isn't horrendous. I've been burgled, like Raz no one was at home. Yeh it's a bummer but hardly horrendous.
Spot on, most people are victims of crime at some stage of their life. I think someone financially scammed would be way more affected than a wealthy footballer who has been house burgled.

My mate rang me a few years ago to ask if I could pick him up for golf as he’d been burgled, they’d stolen cash, his TV and his car, he was pretty much matter of fact about it. I went to his house, he wasn’t quite ready so I sat on his settee waiting for him, a couple of minutes later, big shout, “Bastards”, I said what’s up pal, he said “the twats have nicked my cans of Stella”. Just a sense or perspective without the drama.

Spot on, most people are victims of crime at some stage of their life. I think someone financially scammed would be way more affected than a wealthy footballer who has been house burgled.

My mate rang me a few years ago to ask if I could pick him up for golf as he’d been burgled, they’d stolen cash, his TV and his car, he was pretty much matter of fact about it. I went to his house, he wasn’t quite ready so I sat on his settee waiting for him, a couple of minutes later, big shout, “Bastards”, I said what’s up pal, he said “the twats have nicked my cans of Stella”. Just a sense or perspective without the drama.
Fact of life is that we are all different. You, your mate and others might not think it a biggy, but it is to others

Fact of life is that we are all different. You, your mate and others might not think it a biggy, but it is to others
I agree we’re all different and it can affect people. When I was a kid house breaking was relatively unusual, you’ve probably heard people say “you could leave your front door open and no one would break in”. The reason why, there was nothing all to nick in those days from working class houses.

I’ve recently had a note pushed through my door with a warning that several houses have been broken into recently. I do my best, have an alarm, leave a downstairs light on at night, have blinds closed whilst out and have a lamp on a timer that comes on when it goes dark early in winter, that’s about all I can do, it was advised by the Police after my last break in thankfully over 20 years ago but I try not to worry about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.