Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

its a weird one with raheem, he did great for us, was with us a long time ,scored plenty of goals , helped us win lots of trophies, but i'm just not arsed with him,don't wish him bad , but its almost like he never played for us , i don't have that emotional attachment to him , i wont slag him off, i wont stick up for him as i've done many times as a city player , to me i wasn't bothered when he left, like i say weird because he was a big part for a fair few years

its a weird one with raheem, he did great for us, was with us a long time ,scored plenty of goals , helped us win lots of trophies, but i'm just not arsed with him,don't wish him bad , but its almost like he never played for us , i don't have that emotional attachment to him , i wont slag him off, i wont stick up for him as i've done many times as a city player , to me i wasn't bothered when he left, like i say weird because he was a big part for a fair few years

Tbh I think many feel exactly the same. Don't see him pulling up trees at Chelsea , and even if he does, so what ?

I think he overplayed his hand and City were happy to see him move on for the fee we got.

Don't wish him ill, just not arsed that he's gone.

I get that. I'm pretty much the same with ex-players, but I find it mostly depends on their impact they had for us. Obviously Kun and Merlin will always be held in the highest esteem by all Blues because their contribution to the club's success can never be overlooked. But then there are plenty whose exit meant nothing to me. Players move on, that's the game.
As I say, some ex-players I personally will adore for the rest of my life, others I seldom think about.

I get that. I'm pretty much the same with ex-players, but I find it mostly depends on their impact they had for us. Obviously Kun and Merlin will always be held in the highest esteem by all Blues because their contribution to the club's success can never be overlooked. But then there are plenty whose exit meant nothing to me. Players move on, that's the game.
As I say, some ex-players I personally will adore for the rest of my life, others I seldom think about.

Obviously I can't speak for City fans and their relationship with a player, but if a player had spent 7 very successful, trophy filled seasons at my club I would, in most cases, be extremely fond of them, even if they joined another big club in the same league.

Obviously I can't speak for City fans and their relationship with a player, but if a player had spent 7 very successful, trophy filled seasons at my club I would, in most cases, be extremely fond of them, even if they joined another big club in the same league.
The vast majority accepted he'd reached the end of the line with us and were content to see him move on. It was a transfer that suited both player and club.

That's fair enough@Vialli98.

There are some who feel that he was a bit cold towards the fans, and didn't especially connect, but everybody has different connections with players.

As mentioned by others, the likes of David Silva, Aguero and Vincent Kompany definitely did get the fans, so will be held in special affection.

It's bonkers.

If Sterling had been around City in the 70s, playing over 300 games for the club and scoring over 100 goals while becoming one of the most decorated players in our history, you'd have the older fellas on here demanding a statue and getting misty eyed about him and lamenting that "they don't make players like him anymore".

As it is, we're in the 2020s, the age of social media and forums, where people can't budge from a snap judgement they made nearly a decade ago and instead decide to dig themselves deeper and deeper into a stupid hole rather than admit they were wrong about a footballer once upon a time. Some of our lot have forgotten where they've come from.

Always got the feeling he never really was all that bothered about who he played for.Never really remember him being steady.Feast or famine no inbetween.Scored some really crucial goals and missed even more.Wasnt bothered when he went.When Vinny,Yaya,Zabba,Merlin and Sergio left you always thought how do we replace them.Never got that feeling with Raz.Wish him well though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.