Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

That's fair enough@Vialli98.

There are some who feel that he was a bit cold towards the fans, and didn't especially connect, but everybody has different connections with players.

As mentioned by others, the likes of David Silva, Aguero and Vincent Kompany definitely did get the fans, so will be held in special affection.
Always got the feeling he never really was all that bothered about who he played for.Never really remember him being steady.Feast or famine no inbetween.Scored some really crucial goals and missed even more.Wasnt bothered when he went.When Vinny,Yaya,Zabba,Merlin and Sergio left you always thought how do we replace them.Never got that feeling with Raz.Wish him well though.

Fair enough, and to be honest I do understand that viewpoint. I just can't think of a single player who played for Chelsea for that long and wasn't fondly remembered and loved by the majority of the fanbase, which is why the indifference towards him on here felt a bit odd to me. I do understand it though, when you explain it the way you have.

Last edited:
That's fair enough@Vialli98.

There are some who feel that he was a bit cold towards the fans, and didn't especially connect, but everybody has different connections with players.

As mentioned by others, the likes of David Silva, Aguero and Vincent Kompany definitely did get the fans, so will be held in special affection.
I think it's down to Sterling's personality, he seems quite insular and likes to keep himself to himself and his family off the pitch, which is fair enough.

It was actually a kind of relief to see him go - I'm gutted he could never recreate the form of his peak of 3-4 seasons ago so definitely time for both parties to move on.

I did notice that in the last few seasons he did appear more indifferent to what was going on out on the pitch - we never really saw a passion or fire in his face or body language, which wasn't the case when he joined. Don't know if he'd mentally checked out of City quite a while back or what, but I did find that strange.

I wish him well, but like others have said it feels a bit odd not to feel any real connection to a player who was such a huge part of our success over so many years.

Christ, the bloke can’t win for going home to his family in an event of a burglary.

I think it’s time for some to finally let go of their ‘Sterling can’t do right’ mentality and be done with it.
Agreed. He's moved on, and so have we. As for him going home to be with his family, he's done exactly the right thing. When all is said and done, football is only a game. Family must come first

Hopefully Raz & his family are all ok & working through this.
Its a horrible feeling being burgled, i never felt my family were safe & moved house due to a burglary

Christ, the bloke can’t win for going home to his family in an event of a burglary.

I think it’s time for some to finally let go of their ‘Sterling can’t do right’ mentality and be done with it.
Tbf I think it's the very small minority digging him out for this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.