Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

This is not a go at anyone but i posted a few days after the Villa game Raz’s body language at the Trophy celebration wasn’t great and I thought he was leaving. The Raheem appreciation society posted defending him. I didn’t slag him off, not one bit, said he’s a great lad and he did brilliantly for us. To those who criticised me I’d just like to say “I told you so” :-)

Anyway, what a cracking deal we've done, its like selling an old jacket you’ve had for 7 years but finding £200 in the pocket before letting go, hope he does well but not too well at Chelsea and scores the winning goal in the World Cup Final. He’d be known as the “Chelsea Hero” for the rest of his life.

Good luck Raz, thanks for the memories.

I'm really disappointed that he has left - kept hoping he would see sense and sign a new contract. He has made an enormous contribution to City over the last six years - first by pissing off the Scousers and letting them know that we were the club to be at if you want to win the league. His partnership with Sane was wonderful, his reinvention as a left sided attacker gave him a whole new aspect to his game, but his best role was always from the right and that delicious cross for Ilkay - what a final memory! But it was also the other stuff he did - he scares defences, and that causes mayhem - the 5-1 win at Wolves came up on youtube as something I might like to look at - so I did. KdB gets all the plaudits of course for 4 goals - but for goals 2,3,4 Sterlings' runs are creating space that KdB exploits - and the 5th of course is one of his famous tap-ins. It's a team game and Raheem Sterling has been an integral part of the team.

I understand that people need new challenges - and I think I would really understand it if he had gone to Spain or Italy to try a different culture etc. But, financially those teams will struggle to match an English top 4 club. Mind you - after 10 years away London might be a new culture for him.

So, thanks Raheem for 6 great years. I hope no one gets to sing "He's top of the league" anymore, But I wish him well(ish), and he will also have welcome back at City.

I'm really disappointed that he has left - kept hoping he would see sense and sign a new contract. He has made an enormous contribution to City over the last six years - first by pissing off the Scousers and letting them know that we were the club to be at if you want to win the league. His partnership with Sane was wonderful, his reinvention as a left sided attacker gave him a whole new aspect to his game, but his best role was always from the right and that delicious cross for Ilkay - what a final memory! But it was also the other stuff he did - he scares defences, and that causes mayhem - the 5-1 win at Wolves came up on youtube as something I might like to look at - so I did. KdB gets all the plaudits of course for 4 goals - but for goals 2,3,4 Sterlings' runs are creating space that KdB exploits - and the 5th of course is one of his famous tap-ins. It's a team game and Raheem Sterling has been an integral part of the team.

I understand that people need new challenges - and I think I would really understand it if he had gone to Spain or Italy to try a different culture etc. But, financially those teams will struggle to match an English top 4 club. Mind you - after 10 years away London might be a new culture for him.

So, thanks Raheem for 6 great years. I hope no one gets to sing "He's top of the league" anymore, But I wish him well(ish), and he will also have welcome back at City.
Which year was his worst that you haven't included?

He was our longest serving player, which now passes on to KDB.

Which year was his worst that you haven't included?

He was our longest serving player, which now passes on to KDB.
Why do I have to pick out his worst? Saw too much of that in school reports - "C always contributes in class but needs to concentrate on his written work."

Raheem Sterling has been a key part of the most successful era in this clubs history - I'm not going to start to picking out all the times he could have done better.

Why do I have to pick out his worst? Saw too much of that in school reports - "C always contributes in class but needs to concentrate on his written work."

Raheem Sterling has been a key part of the most successful era in this clubs history - I'm not going to start to picking out all the times he could have done better.
As you indicated 6 were great, and he was here for 7.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.