Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

More of a general remark from my side:

Raheem's statements tell me what is widely ignored or even denied on here, that is the club rightly and obviously let players honestly know when they are not fully favoured anymore.

I never bought the story that only the City player decides to leave and never City had a major part in that - as if we're afraid City might be the boo boy in the public. Staying market leader means taking tough decisions to permanently improve quality.

I can see that Gabby, Raz and Zinny all had aspects in their personalities that are not to our standards forming a squad going for the CL. The mental blocks in front of goal, under pressure, technical deficiencies, offside play, bottling counters. You know who I mean.

It's the fundamental necessity to criticise on a professional level but on here it seems to be a kind of treason suggesting the club itself might have decided it's time to part.

Zinny said he didn't want to leave, Gabby is much too polite to say a bad word about his club and now Raz had his open digs.

I personally am convinced that we have been improving the confidence and winning mentality in our squad by the outs and ins we did this window. Can't wait to see where it takes us.

A very talented player and improved significantly under Josep, but he never convinced that he was world class and he had quite a few 'oh Sterling!' moments. His interview in The Times doesn't develop what the 'reasons' for the change were - perhaps the precursor to another scoop later on - but makes me think it was simply Pep saying expressly or impliedly that he didn't trust him in the big games.

His performances dipped in the last two years primarily because we were playing without a striker.

The irony is he moved to another club who don't have a striker whereas if he'd stayed at City I think, with the arrival of a world class number nine, we may have reverted back to our 2017/18 way of playing with two out and out wingers and he'd now be playing in a first choice front three with Foden and Haaland which would've been incredible to watch but also really beneficial for Raheem.

Oh well, it's all moot now and I suppose even if he had the season of his life he may still have wanted a change of scenery so maybe it was the right time for all concerned. All good things come to an end at some point.

I said it before and will say it again, sterling is a very good player BUT never a striker
also, the glaring missing stand out like a sore thumb over the goals he bags,

we don't have any problem with sterling and will get a very good reception by the city fans when he plays with Chelsea because he worked hard and won us titles and cups

He`s still dissapointed with Pep & himself. His entitlement of promised game time overall & in big games shows his insecurity. Hopefully he doesn`t become one of these players who shit on Pep if the opportunity arise (Ibra, Eto`o).
He is not a **** , whereas the other 2…..

Refreshingly honest comments. Nothing negative, just how he felt and why he had to leave.
Both parties have moved on.

That's how I saw it too. I watched the presser where the City questions were being asked. Sounds like he's very happy to be at Chelsea, and back in London but also very obvious he wouldn't be at Chelsea if he could get what he wanted at City. He seemed very respectful to City, as you'd expect and at the same time, very honest about why he had to move.

The man peaked 3-4 years ago and gave 2/10 performances ever since. Why is he making out that he should have been undroppable.

I don't think you'll find many players who'll go 'yeah alright fair enough, I agree that I was no longer good enough to be in the starting 11", especially at the elite end of the sport where Sterling has been his entire career. I wouldn't take his comments as anything more than just standard belief in himself and his ability.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with what he said , the players careers are short , he wants to play so moved to challenge and freshen up his career , would you rather he took the money and was happy not playing ? The haters would have loved that , jumping on clickbait makes them feel warm inside

He got his move , we got a good deal , once a blue ..

Still a (slightly different shade) blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.