Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well in terms of backing up my point how many games have they played, and how much time do they have to develop in the first team?

It is an irelevant question so far, as the players we have coming through who are likely to be of sufficient quality, have been too young to figure in the first team, when we are challenging for 4 trophies. So the problem is effectively about to start in the next season or two. What we do with thd best kids who have reached the level of first team potential.

It would appear we have promoted about 3 to the first team squad, if rumours are true. Then some of the younger ones may be loaned out.

We will have to find out if we need to make room for Jerome Sinclair as well, or whether he leaves Liverpool for someone other than City.

Not surprised Liverpool fans are trying damnest to convince themselves it's the wrong move for Raheem. Enjoy Milner you ass wipes and shut the f up while Raheem wins trophies with us

Of course it does, but it's not kept within football, which means clubs end up back at square one financially, as the TV money increases, it's goes right through to players, and the clubs are still skint!
At least with transfers, it filters through the system, so our 50m on Sterling will go to Liverpool and QPR, then on to other clubs via transfers etc. Sadly agents will be sucking their percentage out with every transaction.
Can't disagree with any of that. Interesting that our model of ownership, which has put money into football, is frowned upon whereas the rags model, which sees money going to the banks in debt repayment, is thought to be good. Insane.

To the people who have lined up to publicly assassinate Sterling, all you have done is compiled a massive list of people that he will want to prove wrong. If I was him I would be so motivated to make these fuckers eat humble pie. So a big thankyou to the likes of Souness, Carragher, Redknapp, Quinn because your over the top criticism of Raheem has done Pellegrini's team talk for him.

I think Isco and Cazorla might have something to say about the idea that Pellegrini can't develop young players.

Funny seeing scousers still bending over backwards to try and find the negatives in this deal. Well the stupid ones anyway. The smart ones are turning their eyes to FSG and asking why they are selling their best players, and more importantly why their best players are so desperate to get the fuck out of dodge.

I'm willing to cut FSG some slack when it comes to selling their best players. In both the Suarez and Sterling situations they had no real option but to sell, both players were clearly unhappy, and unwilling to stay, so they had to go really.

Where FSG need to answer questions is WHY were Suarez and Sterling so adamant they were leaving? I'd suggest it's down to both having a clear view of where Liverpool are, and where FSG and taking them, and it isn't towards league titles and European glory. The quality of players FSG are bringing in, and the (relative) lack of spending doesn't indicate a club on the rise. The 2013/14 season will, in years to come, be seen as a blip, an anomaly brought about by several clubs underperforming (United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea to some degree) and one superstar player in Suarez having a season of a lifetime. Liverpool are not "back", they are where they've been for the last decade, near the top, but lacking the quality to challenge for anything.

The managers aren't developing these younger players anyway. Pellegrini's not developing our young players any more than Rodgers is at Liverpool, we've got Academy people doing that day in, day out.

By the time a player is close to making the first team (very rare anyway), the majority of his development was with other people, not the first team manager.
Of course, once he's in the first team, the manager starts to have more influence on him, but there's still a whole team (including other players) all bringing him through. People are overplaying the manager's role here. They aren't some svengali or soul mate.
You'd think the manager was spending hours and hours on a one to one basis with these kids, 'moulding them' 'nurturing them' - what a load of bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.