Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool kept Suarez too, and convinced him to sign a new contract, and then got £79m for him after his fantastic season.

£79m? I don't think so.
Not worried at all, mainly because I highly doubt Sterling will be on £200k a week! Liverpool offered him £100k a week, which he turned down, saying it wasn't about the money it was about winning things. Can't see us offering him twice as much. How much did the papers say we were paying Yay? £250k a week? Yet the link you've posted above says he's on £185k a week. So, if the papers say Sterling is on £200k a week then it's highly likely he'll be on a lot less than that! I suspect he'll be on something like £120k a week, and that a degree of that, as with all our more recent contracts, will be performance related. If City win things, then Sterling's wages will be higher. It's the type of contract signed by Yaya, Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Dzeko etc in recent seasons, so Sterling will be exactly the same.

Exactly. We were in a fantastic negotiating position with Sterling regarding his contract. The only club who would take him out of an untenable situation at Liverpool. He had no power in those talks. I expect he's gotten a fair offer in line with other recent signings, not worried about 200 bollocks at all.

I thought the Negredo money went down on Bony?

As for the suggestion that Sterling has only had 1 good half season, its an absolute myth; I've just read he played more than all our midfielders last season, why was that the case if he was so bad? And he was just so average that they trusted him to play as the lone striker for much of the season.

Sterling has had his spells of poor form, as all young players (and flair players) do, but he is one of the (few) opposition players I have always hated going up against, in the same way Suarez was and Rooney is. Signings don't come much more exciting than this.

add the fact they (liverpool) wouldn't even sell for 50 million in normal circumstances you'd agree that it was a good deal for us. the mere fact that we poached a rival team's go-to guy makes it a good enough deal for us regardless of the price because if everything was ok between the player and club, they wouldn't ever ever sell to us. and whats all the fuss about this transfer? not long ago manure wanted to sign harry kane for 45 million pounds and they would have if tottenham had not vehemently resisted the move. to the media it wasn't a big deal then but this one is a hell of a biggie! does hypocricy get any worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.