Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people who have lined up to publicly assassinate Sterling, all you have done is compiled a massive list of people that he will want to prove wrong. If I was him I would be so motivated to make these fuckers eat humble pie. So a big thankyou to the likes of Souness, Carragher, Redknapp, Quinn because your over the top criticism of Raheem has done Pellegrini's team talk for him.
I long for the day when we go to Klanfield and well and truly beat the bastards. 6-1 preferably.

I'm willing to cut FSG some slack when it comes to selling their best players. In both the Suarez and Sterling situations they had no real option but to sell, both players were clearly unhappy, and unwilling to stay, so they had to go really.
What did City do when Tevez wanted to leave? Kept him and won the Premier League.

Can't disagree with any of that. Interesting that our model of ownership, which has put money into football, is frowned upon whereas the rags model, which sees money going to the banks in debt repayment, is thought to be good. Insane.
Yep, when we pay handsomely in a transfer, that money circles the football drain a good few times... 50m to Liverpool, 40m to Villa, 30m to Swansea etc... lots of teams end up a slice of it. Selling clubs do particularly well as they get 'inflated' (improved) incoming transfer fees.

Even with higher wages, if we paid a player 100m a week (crazy example) we still only have a finite number of places in the squad. So other clubs arguing that THEIR players are demanding more money is moot. Those players could only get 100m with us, otherwise they have to settle for 30K a week at Villa regardless. And since they can't get a move to us, Villa can say no to their demands. The higher wages argument only works if a player can easily move clubs for more money, which cannot possibly be the case if only City and Chelsea are the high payers.

Are you guys worried about Sterlings wage at all? If the reported £200.000/week is correct, that would put him £15k ahead of Aguero and £55k ahead of Silva.

Is there a risk that this will trigger new wage demands among the current players?
Worried? In a word no.

We're used to the media bollox surrounding City. We're always referred to as 'Big spending Manchester City' when other club's who've spent more aren't.

We buy a player for £44m plus a maximum £5m in add-ons he's always quoted as 'The £100m player' as they include his maximum fee payable and his potential wage over the length of his contract.

Sterling's wage is likely to be closer to £120k per week plus a good bonus package, but the media will add up every possible bonus ie: Sterling plays every game, scores 10 goals per game, City win every game thus landing the Capital One Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and the UEFA Champions League so there you have it, Sterling's wage adds up to £200k per week (including every conceivable bonus possible).

I think Isco and Cazorla might have something to say about the idea that Pellegrini can't develop young players.

Funny seeing scousers still bending over backwards to try and find the negatives in this deal. Well the stupid ones anyway. The smart ones are turning their eyes to FSG and asking why they are selling their best players, and more importantly why their best players are so desperate to get the fuck out of dodge.

Just look at the wages, and it's easy to understand why some players want to jump ship. With Gerrard, Balotelli and Johnson gone, our top three is £120k, £100k and £75k :)

City
United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Are you guys worried about Sterlings wage at all? If the reported £200.000/week is correct, that would put him £15k ahead of Aguero and £55k ahead of Silva.

Is there a risk that this will trigger new wage demands among the current players?

Not worried at all, mainly because I highly doubt Sterling will be on £200k a week! Liverpool offered him £100k a week, which he turned down, saying it wasn't about the money it was about winning things. Can't see us offering him twice as much. How much did the papers say we were paying Yay? £250k a week? Yet the link you've posted above says he's on £185k a week. So, if the papers say Sterling is on £200k a week then it's highly likely he'll be on a lot less than that! I suspect he'll be on something like £120k a week, and that a degree of that, as with all our more recent contracts, will be performance related. If City win things, then Sterling's wages will be higher. It's the type of contract signed by Yaya, Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Dzeko etc in recent seasons, so Sterling will be exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.