Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether the fact that Melville Road is utter sh*t with its 3 pitches versus the CFA being awesome had any bearing on this?
lfcvsmcfctraining.jpg

And CFA has a huge outdoor pool...look :)

The cynical/practical way which i look at the fee:

Raheem is a speedster. i would guess his career would be at a level where he could be an important player on a team which is challenging for honours for 9 seasons or two knee surgeries (whichever comes first).
So if we get a top level player who fights for trophies (and his place in the starting lineup) for 9 seasons, the fee averages to less than 6M per season presuming that he hits all of the add-on bonuses (which i hope he does).
A bargain for a foreign player, let alone an english one.

add the fact they (liverpool) wouldn't even sell for 50 million in normal circumstances you'd agree that it was a good deal for us. the mere fact that we poached a rival team's go-to guy makes it a good enough deal for us regardless of the price because if everything was ok between the player and club, they wouldn't ever ever sell to us. and whats all the fuss about this transfer? not long ago manure wanted to sign harry kane for 45 million pounds and they would have if tottenham had not vehemently resisted the move. to the media it wasn't a big deal then but this one is a hell of a biggie! does hypocricy get any worse?
I agree mate, when the rags offer 45 mill for a player, it's because they are "The Bestist, massivist club in the world ever,..."who's "bestist"fans have a divine right to demand succes, whatever the cost.

If we do likewise, it's because we are a bunch of "show off Sh*houses"

Regrettably it seems that this will always be the media's stance on us whatever we do.

Can't see him lasting 9 years, got to be honest.
As long as he helps us win things for 3 seasons I'll be happy. If he turns out to be dross and we lose a packet on him, then I'll be unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.