Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's definitely going now. Liverpool haven't handled it particularly well.

Football clubs have to realise they can't treat 20 year old men like kids and patronise them for their own selfish agendas, Carragher's quote last night sums up this attitude.

'For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club over a contract - to the pit of my stomach that just winds me up, it angers me.'

Sterling is a professional and is entitled to consider all his options, exactly the same as Gerrard or any other 30 year old veteran is. If I was 20, I wouldn't have been very happy with all those 'greed' accusations earlier on in the season just because I wanted to play alongside better players - no wonder he did that press conference without the club's permission. All this talk of him owing Liverpool something is nonsense - if he had failed at their academy they wouldn't have given him a job in the club office would they? In fact, Sterling is going to make Liverpool a lot of money. Sterling is far too young to remember Liverpool being a genuine force (:D) so why should he show deference to the hallowed 'Liverpool Football Club' and not just view it as a normal employee/employer contract. If Liverpool feel they gave him additional protection during the laughing gas/shisha videos - then that was their mistake, a steep fine and a warning not to do it again - the same as you'd give a 25 year old pro- would have sufficed.

We made a similar mistake ages ago when we went Sturridge go because he wanted 60k a week - was this greed or just a young man and agent acting in his best interests who knew his worth in a free market? - I'd argue it's more of the latter.

As for Sterling, he's not an idiot and won't care one jot that the likes of Rodwell, Sinclair and Johnson (now all at midtable clubs) failed at City. He's much more likely to look at the likes of Barry, Lescott, Milner and Hart who have generally thrived on the competition for places.

MCFC-alan88 said:
I don't think anyone doubts Arsenals players, I think a lot of people doubt Wenger.

And there in lies the problem!
Your quite right Arsenal have a really good team, the only thing stopping them becoming a great team is Wenger.
It's not Sterling they need, its a top CB, a top holding midfielder and a top striker, but we've been saying that for years.
Wenger is stubborn beyond belief and long may it continue.

I am sensing it will be a straight fight between us and Arsenal. I just hope that we don't miss out on him, or if we do he doesn't turn out as good as Hazard did.

The level of hate aimed at this 20 year kid is shocking. How dare he do whats best for his career and leave a Liverpool team that will win nothing for years. The ex Liverpool players, the media, ignorant football fans all coming out with some shocking comments. There's no way he will stay there now.

Lomas has a lob on said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I don't think anyone doubts Arsenals players, I think a lot of people doubt Wenger.

And there in lies the problem!
Your quite right Arsenal have a really good team, the only thing stopping them becoming a great team is Wenger.
It's not Sterling they need, its a top CB, a top holding midfielder and a top striker, but we've been saying that for years.
Wenger is stubborn beyond belief and long may it continue.
This summer could end with us,Chelsea,Arsenal and the rags all improved to a significant standard that we may well have a genuine 4-horse title race on our hands.

But it won't. United need a new RB, a new CB (or two), a new CM(or two)and with the rapist and Falcao looking like they are on the way out, they need a new Striker(or two).

Woodward and the turtle won't address this,let them buy Bale,Depay and Clyne if they want, miss out on CL group stages and they are buggered and they still won't have a capable team.

Arsenal have spent recently but i think they also need two CB's,someone of Pogba's ilk and a world class striker, a Dybala or a Dzeko won't suffice, they need an Aguero,Costa,Rooney,Suarez type to really challenge and they won't find one, especially if they continue to penny pinch as they have done.

But thankfully none of that is our problem

smug%20animation%203.gif

Didi Hamann on twatter "If Sterling wants to go let him. We not won much with him so we will be ok without him. We need players who want to be here and commit."

Just in case you forget where his loyalties lie next time they wheel him out as the 'ex-City player' on match of the day.

Get Sterling signed up. Barnes comparing him with Sinclair has made himself look a right tit. And to think this fella wonders why he doesn't get any opportunities in management.

Of course Sterling's off, it's a strong message that he hasn't tweeted since the end of March. His last tweet -

If you want to know me listen to this song tells you everything about me....
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlnMVb2XVVk[/video]

They wanna hold you back, tell 'em pee off
Whenever they say you can't, take the "t" off

Imagine you was the one, that couldn't get a look in
Couldn't get a booking
Couldn't get a push in when you needed a shove
Or your buttons they be pushing
So now they tryna shush him
It's only you believing in you
They turn you into a bastard the moment you rude
Attitude a little out of tune
But that's how champions move
Yeah so go and get it in sonny
Not everybody gets a second chance at getting money
Or even getting lucky
So you gotta feel the hunger in your tummy

No-one wants to help
I guess you're on your own
Build a foundation with the bricks they throw
In a black and white world, true colors show
Change if you want, everybody grows
Life's like an eel, but try and get a hold
Opinions ain't facts, take em and let em go

I don't think people realise WHY Sterling has the dippers going nuts.

He's publicly urinating on them and when he leaves they'll be perceived as the new Spurs, a selling club with delusions of grandeur based on history.

It's not that he's going, it's that he's publicly saying things that will stop any top player from taking them seriously again(until CL football).

The irony of it being we all had that Liverpool fan friend the year we finished 5th who scoffed at our transfer targets saying "Why would they ever sign for you with no CL football?"...well I guess they are about to find out that players don't give a damn about history, it's their own pursuit of trophies that matter.

Laughing at the Liverpool media offensive against us, leaking stories about Milner, Jovetic and Dzeko in the space of one day...it's blatant they've lost him to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.