Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who believe we should pay £40m+ for a player who i.m.o is worth £25m tops because money is no object to us what would you do in the following scenario, your daughter has seen her dream car, it's a y reg metallic green(her fav colour) fiat punto with the letters js (your daughters initials) in the reg. She loves it and has her heart set on it, it's worth £350 tops, the seller knows it's her dream car so therefore asks you for £1000, you can afford it so would you therefore pay it ?
Surely in this scenario, we are the daughter and the club, or Sheikh Mansour, is the dad. In which case, if Daddy's willing to pay for it then we're not going to say no to the dream car.

It's really bugging me hearing loads of blues going "he isn't worth X, we should walk away" etc. You have no concept of the money or the difference between £35 and £40m. You're looking at it like a number on Top Trumps, or a stick to potentially be neaten with by rival fans and the media.

If he is the right player for the team, and I think he is, then the money shouldn't worry you as a fan. There's a gamble with every transfer but we need to sit back and trust Soriano, Khaldoon etc to do the sums and the negotiation. The figures in the press are unlikely to be accurate anyway, bearing in mind that one of the carrots City offer selling clubs is cash up front.

You have no concept of the money or the difference between £35 and £40m. You're looking at it like a number on Top Trumps, or a stick to potentially be neaten with by rival fans and the media.

Nearly right. They'll lose at top trumps down the pub and the lads will say nasty things.

It's really bugging me hearing loads of blues going "he isn't worth X, we should walk away" etc. You have no concept of the money or the difference between £35 and £40m. You're looking at it like a number on Top Trumps, or a stick to potentially be neaten with by rival fans and the media.

If he is the right player for the team, and I think he is, then the money shouldn't worry you as a fan. There's a gamble with every transfer but we need to sit back and trust Soriano, Khaldoon etc to do the sums and the negotiation. The figures in the press are unlikely to be accurate anyway, bearing in mind that one of the carrots City offer selling clubs is cash up front.

The rags have paid 30 mil for a fucking fullback, who can't even get in the England team, purely because he's young & English. They paid 60 mil for DiMaria.

So consequently, everything else is now proportionally fucked. None of these people are 'worth it' but we just have to operate within the shite they have created, as has been the case for everyone in this country as the wankers have contimually inflated transfers & wages since even before the Champions League was invented. They bought their first title by paying hugely over the odds for mainly home countries players & have maintained that m.o. to this day.

No point in people arguing about Sterling, or Barkley etc. They have set the price.

Agree. A players value is what you pay for him I suppose, and for those saying 'we shouldn't pay more for him than we did for sergio' are idiotic. Like saying a mars bar shouldn't cost more than 10p because it's no better than it was in the 80s, or whatever (no idea how much mars bars cost then!).

Is bale 3X better than aguero- of course he isn't. The market for footballers inflates like no other.

I guess people have issues with the amount where they think "well it could be spent better elsewhere". Fact is though, we aren't hamstrung by ffp anymore. We can spend what we want, and we will be making profit from now on, so what we pay for players doesn't matter too much. Of course, it shouldn't get out of hand, and we would walk away f it did.

I would hope we get similar money for our players though. At least 25m for dzeko.

The rags have paid 30 mil for a fucking fullback, who can't even get in the England team, purely because he's young & English. They paid 60 mil for DiMaria.

So consequently, everything else is now proportionally fucked. None of these people are 'worth it' but we just have to operate within the shite they have created, as has been the case for everyone in this country as the wankers have contimually inflated transfers & wages since even before the Champions League was invented. They bought their first title by paying hugely over the odds for mainly home countries players & have maintained that m.o. to this day.

No point in people arguing about Sterling, or Barkley etc. They have set the price.

That's the thing. You have to pay the "market rate". I am totally confident that we are playing this cleverly and will get a price we accept. I'd say we've done the deal with the player first, got his emotional "buy in" and blasted in with public offers early to ensure that this isn't a dutch auction - where the price can spiral.

For those who believe we should pay £40m+ for a player who i.m.o is worth £25m tops because money is no object to us what would you do in the following scenario, your daughter has seen her dream car, it's a y reg metallic green(her fav colour) fiat punto with the letters js (your daughters initials) in the reg. She loves it and has her heart set on it, it's worth £350 tops, the seller knows it's her dream car so therefore asks you for £1000, you can afford it so would you therefore pay it ?

My daughter wouldn't have such bad taste - a fucking Fiat Punto, a green one at that!!!!

I’d leave the sterling transfer for now. Let them sweat on the mess for the next month. If nothing happens this summer i’d happily take him for £25m next summer.

It’s not worth the money of the media fall out going beyond c£45m.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey (is that wrong?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.