Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd been smart about it you would have given him his new contract when he asked for it, trying to save money in that scenario isn't smart. Look at that Portuguese **** at united, new contract every year. Same with Sergio here.

Those two players are the stars of both clubs though. Sterling was a bit part player in that season. I doubt anyone at the club envisaged this kind of trouble from him when they went to him with a contract offer half way through the season. If he had another agent I doubt it would have been any trouble. Berahino did the exact same thing and has the exact same agent.

In what way have the club treated him appallingly?

I never had a problem with Liverpool FC until the Sterling situation. The way the club have handled his desire to move on has been disgusting. You can't blame Liverpool for the way your media mouthpieces have sounded off about him, but you can blame the club for the way they've bullied him publicly and tried to isolate him and make him out to be greedy for the simple crime of wanting to better himself.

After asset stripping Southampton last year it has been breathtakingly hypocritical. I will never look at LFC the same again. Rodgers is all show and no substance, but he won't be there forever. But I'm afraid this indignation and outrage has permeated your whole club and it is disgusting. I'm not surprised he wants out.

It's happened before. Everton did it with Lescott, Villa with Barry and Arsenal with Nasri. In two of those three cases it was the fans rather than the club, but in all three cases the players were parading Premier League medals within a year or two, shoving the taunts down the throats of the small minded.

Those two players are the stars of both clubs though. Sterling was a bit part player in that season. I doubt anyone at the club envisaged this kind of trouble from him when they went to him with a contract offer half way through the season. If he had another agent I doubt it would have been any trouble. Berahino did the exact same thing and has the exact same agent.
Haha. Blaming 'the agent' is a classic delusion of football fans and proof conclusive that you have no insight into football whatsoever. I'll leave you to the wolf pack.

Doesn't have to be a star player, you do the with any young player with star potential. It's called protecting the value of your assets.

Liverpool have been shocking. Brendan was trying to pressure him to sign the contract in every press conference, then revealing Sterling wanted to wait until the Summer. Why was Brendan so keen to air it all out in public? Surely a contract negotiation is a private matter. Then as soon as Sterling says fuck this I'm out you've got your 9 billion former players labelling him as shit, over rated, crack head, greedy on every major news outlet. It's been a massive character assassination job because a great player wants to leave a media favourite club for City.

So richards signed for fiorentina for guaranteed football ?and played 14 games , and we dont know how many games jimmy will start at the dippers yet , also disagree ref isco , the kid is world class , and every time i have seen him play for real he has looked excellent , hes a player who likes a tackle and would shine in a more physical premeirship. Adam johnson was an a england squad regular when playing for us , he contributed more goals than navas , and his crosses usually beat the 1st man , unlike our little jesus , if someone offered me a swap of adam jonhson of three years ago for navas , i would do it in a heartbeat. Wilshire and delph might well be bollocks , but we have to sign a couple of more "home grown" players , and you can guarantee some other club will have our pants down over the fees , like the lad from fulham (roberts) is 10m and he isnt even starting in a championship relegation team , now that is bollocks.
I would think Richads went to Fiorentina on he promise of starting birh but circumstances changed he is def at villa on that promise and im sure milner would have first team inserted in his contract. Either way neither of them wanted to be squad players for us even on huge contracts so its not like we let them walk off without having a go. Adam johnson was not an England regilar ever and certainly not at the time he left. He had huge off field pronlems and as we can see tgy have deatroyed his career, no one could help the lad. Keeping players based on nationality doesnt work and we have been carrying dead wood for yeas because of it so if we have to have them in we might as well have our pants pulled down and sign some class

In what way have the club treated him appallingly?

Offering him less than he was worth and then leaking the details to the media once he'd said no. Scummy way to do business. The worst is releasing the attack dogs in the shape of former players who have lined up one after the other in an attempt to vilify Sterling in the media. Liverpool have shown themselves to be completely small time. A two bob outfit managed by a shiny toothed charlatan and ran by complete fucking shysters.

Doesn't have to be a star player, you do the with any young player with star potential. It's called protecting the value of your assets.

Well considering he is likely to be sold for £50m I don't think protecting the value of the asset has been a problem. He still had three years left on his current deal. Liverpool typically have always extended contracts going into the final two years. It is a circular debate but I have no problem with when the club opened the contract negotiations.

I think it's mainly down to the ex players that makes this even more of a saga that what it is. Yes I feel that Liverpool as a club have isolated Sterling do I think they could have handled it better? Yes definitely. What gets on my tits more than anything is the media darlings of yester year that are chiming adding even more pressure to a player that they were excited and talking up 4/5 months ago. Carragher, Barnes, Aldridge, Thompson et al have all jumped on this how do Sterling do what he's doing band wagon when quite frankly all he's looking to do is to be competitive in winning trophies. Surely Y.N.W.A you can see Sterling's point of you that whilst he stays at Liverpool he is slowly losing the chance of ever being on the CL stage year in year out and his chances of winning the prem are even slimmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.