Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering he is likely to be sold for £50m I don't think protecting the value of the asset has been a problem. He still had three years left on his current deal. Liverpool typically have always extended contracts going into the final two years. It is a circular debate but I have no problem with when the club opened the contract negotiations.
He won't be sold for 50 million.

Well considering he is likely to be sold for £50m I don't think protecting the value of the asset has been a problem. He still had three years left on his current deal. Liverpool typically have always extended contracts going into the final two years. It is a circular debate but I have no problem with when the club opened the contract negotiations.

If you value him at 50M, then you should have offered him a salary as befits a 50M player.

He won't be sold for 50 million.

45,50,55. Who FUCKING cares. It is all the same in the point I am making.

Fans on both sides now seem to see this £50m as some fucking victory for one side or the other depending on the over/under. If you pay £70m. I will still feel completely gutted at losing him and care little about the fee.

It's monopoly money really. The pound sign should be ignored. All relative to other players. One sterling equals 25 Scott Sinclair

Fans on both sides now seem to see this £50m as some fucking victory for one side or the other depending on the over/under. If you pay £70m. I will still feel completely gutted at losing him and care little about the fee.
Good. You're going to be apoplectic when we get him for around 40-42 then.

Offering him less than he was worth and then leaking the details to the media once he'd said no. Scummy way to do business. The worst is releasing the attack dogs in the shape of former players who have lined up one after the other in an attempt to vilify Sterling in the media. Liverpool have shown themselves to be completely small time. A two bob outfit managed by a shiny toothed charlatan and ran by complete fucking shysters.
I like you Stony, well said!

That's my point, you're losing him because you didn't offer him a new contract when he first asked for it.

No matter what Liverpool fans say regarding his contract situation, Liverpool value him at £40/50m. They still as far as I'm aware haven't offered him a contract that matches their valuation of him. There will not be a player rated at £30m + on less than £100k or if there is they too will be looking for a contract that does pay them that. They can call sterling this that and the other but their contract offer is still yet to be commensurate with their valuation. That's treating a player poorly, not paying him at the value they themselves have set.

That's my point, you're losing him because you didn't offer him a new contract when he first asked for it.
They're also losing him because he wants a better club. Liverpool shouldn't be ashamed of that. Southampton held their heads up and did well after they asset stripped them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.