Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments like this are factually right as at is not each persons £, BUT to be frank it is a childish & fascile comment too.

As a fan who pays £ into the club for seasoncards, tickets, merchandise etc it is anybodys right to express an opinion - that is what a blog is for.

Peoplw including me are concerned (including me) by the price tag because he is not worth the £ at this current time maybe if he proves himself over seasons he wil be & this is why the club feel the tag is acceptable & the quota aspect is a big factor too.

The main concerns about the tag are-

1) City do not have a bottomless pit because of FFP & we need to spend wisely because of this, I KNOW we are in profit now therefor we need to stay of the FFP radar by being prudent.

2) Clubs will continually try to rip us off- IF we Spend £50m on a 20 year old & an unproven player how much would proper players who are worth massive fees (in the current market) cost like Isco, Reus etc.

Football is all about opinions, fair enough, but slamming fans down who have legitamate concerns is pointless & makes the person who does this look childish & i for one do not take their opinions as serious as someone who shows good, reasoned points.
That's all well and good, but to a few of these posters we saw the first 100 posts stating that you don't think Sterling is worth the fee, stop posting exactly the same thing over and over again and spamming the board. Or at the very least don't woman about it when someone cannot take you seriously after your 47th "I don't think Sterling's worth £40m, I only think he's worth £35m" post.

About as much as it would cost for you to not have an opinion either.
So thank you for you valuable input.

Fair point. I know it's always better to do business early. And as others have said, the fact that he is English drives the price some.
I hope he does turn out to be just what we need, I really do. I just think 40 mil + is a very big gamble for a player at this stage of his career.
We have had our fingers burnt before on young English talent, Scott Sinclair & Adam Johnson are the first 2 that come to mind.
I'm not saying sterling WILL flop, I'm just wary of un-substansiated claimes of the next [insert legends name here] whilst they have only has 1 or 2 decent seasons.
Last year Everton wanted 40mil for Barkley. We dodged a bullet there.

Fair play pal. That's how a lot of big clubs do business. And maybe man City fan 72 is right.
Maybe it's the fallout and the slagging well get that's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
The deal just doesn't sit right for me.
I said above, I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be mint. I just don't want to see us ripped off just because we CAN pay it.

We may as well out a 400m bid in for Messi if we're not arsed about the money.
good point about Barkley. I'd have loved to have seen him at City 12 months ago, but not so sure now. Sterling has had 2 seasons though. There is always a risk.

There aren't many alternatives. That's the problem, and why his price is so high

How come there's not been one single comment from Sterling or his loudmouth agent since our initial bid went in?
Hopefully, because they have both been told, if you play for Manchester City, you don't go embarrassing yourselves or us in public any more. Do things our way, and you will get your rewards. Do things your own way and you might not remain with us for very long.

If he can cross then he is already better than Navas.
Not sure about that. Navas can cross but since Negredo went, we've largely had 1 up top and he's difficult to find.

Could play both as Navas plays predominantly on the right, whilst Stirling can play right across the front line? I noticed when he played for England he was on the left, but seemed to be most dangerous when he ran from midfield straight at the penalty area. Very difficult to stop him when he's turned and running at you.

When are City back for pre-season? I'd have thought around the 1st July? That's usually a point in the transfer window when things start to pick up. Players come back, and coaches want their players in place

Even if he could cross like Beckham, would Sergio and Dave suddenly grow a foot taller so that he actually had someone to cross too? I doubt it. Couldn't care less what his crossing is like, he's about pace and directness and his off the ball movement. Using him as a go down the line and cross it aimlessly into the box winger would be a complete waste of talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.