Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So come on then who is going to try and post this on RAWK?
I'm not liked very well over there. I also don't have an account there to do it. :)

I believe Sterling and his camp want to join City and additionally, obviously, we want to sign him.

That will only happen if we bid £50m. I believe we will bid that, and I'd rather it sooner rather than later.

We want him, he wants us, we all know what it will take to happen... simple. We've bid £30m and £40m, I think there's enough to suggest we are willing to go to £50m. Liverpool don't have to sell, they're also not refusing to sell. They have a valuation on their player, who is contracted to them for 2 more years, and if no one meets that valuation he doesn't leave. It's not a case of "Oh £40m is not enough? How about £45m?" No, it's £50m or go home.

I'd rather the player get settled in a new club, environment, city all sorts. Have a full and proper pre season with his new team mates instead of us sitting by the phone on deadline day expecting Liverpool to shit themselves, because they won't. All when we know what it will take to get him.
I agree. I should have been clearer that I was only responding to the idea we're the only bidder. I think there have been clubs testing the waters, but are put off by Liverpool's valuation.

But when there's a set valuation; £50m, and we've already bid £30m and £40m with everything to suggest we are willing to bid again and be on course for said valuation going by previous bids.... why drag it out? I'm not saying we're stupid to try and negotiate a better deal but when we bid 30 then 40 and the valuation is at 50, what's the next logical step in our bidding process?

Who said we're willing to pay £50m?

But when there's a set valuation; £50m, and we've already bid £30m and £40m with everything to suggest we are willing to bid again and be on course for said valuation going by previous bids.... why drag it out? I'm not saying we're stupid to try and negotiate a better deal but when we bid 30 then 40 and the valuation is at 50, what's the next logical step in our bidding process?

I'm not saying "Oh we haven't agreed a fee yet, he's not coming, Txiki out!". I just think, while the transfer is a give in at some point, who is it benefiting at this stage? Again, I just think Liverpool, Sterling and ourselves have gotten all we can get out of this "saga" by now.

Liverpool have been made to look resolute in the face of a want-away player and a rival-ish club wanting their player, they get the best deal possible for them.

We are seen to pay more than we wanted to but really what we're happy to and get the player we want.

Sterling gets his move and what he wants.

Call it impatience but I just think the deal has run it's course, all has been achieved by all parties and I don't see the need for any more hold ups.

how do we know that a 50m bid will be excepted?

I'm not saying "Oh we haven't agreed a fee yet, he's not coming, Txiki out!". I just think, while the transfer is a give in at some point, who is it benefiting at this stage? Again, I just think Liverpool, Sterling and ourselves have gotten all we can get out of this "saga" by now.

Liverpool have been made to look resolute in the face of a want-away player and a rival-ish club wanting their player, they get the best deal possible for them.

We are seen to pay more than we wanted to but really what we're happy to and get the player we want.

Sterling gets his move and what he wants.

Call it impatience but I just think the deal has run it's course, all has been achieved by all parties and I don't see the need for any more hold ups.

F that drag it out i've bet page 900 before he's announced..
I hear the hold up is something to do with Rogers being a **** and telling his x gaffer (Maureen)all about the deal..

Who said we're willing to pay £50m?
Well not me, if you'd like to read that back.

I said going by reports we are willing to bid again, yes? Having bid £30m then £40m then going by that bidding pattern we are on course to offer the £50m, yes?

I said we're more than likely willing to bid again, what that bid will be I don't know but going by our previous bids it's fair to assume it will reach the magic £50m if we do so; more so than any other number higher than £40m. IF we bid £50m, however, obviously we are willing to do so.

But now I see some our being pedantic in saying "Liverpool will demand £60m if we bid £50m", no, stop it now.

I said going by reports we are willing to bid again, yes? Having bid £30m then £40m then going by that bidding pattern we are on course to offer the £50m, yes?

I said we're more than likely willing to bid again, what that bid will be I don't know but going by our previous bids it's fair to assume it will reach the magic £50m if we do so; more so than any other number higher than £40m. IF we bid £50m, however, obviously we are willing to do so.

But now I see some our being pedantic in saying "Liverpool will demand £60m if we bid £50m", no, stop it now.

I'd bid £40,000,001 if it was me.

Without knowing what has been said between the two teams, who knows? Maybe we think that with a bit of time, they might relax their stance a bit. They'll want a deal done as early as possible so they can get their signings for next season done.

No-one is winning, no-one is losing. Only thing is we're saving £100k a week and they're paying £35k a week for Sterling to enjoy his holidays the longer it goes on.

No, you are deliberately misleading people about what was posted.

What was said is that if your opening bid was 50 mil, Liverpool will assume you will go to 60.

If you start lower, you may end at 50. Which is possibly what has happened. But nobody knows anything about it apart from those involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.