Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say any of that.

I didn't say to just bid £50m straight away. If you read back, I doubt you will.

However, at this stage why drag it out any longer? We've bid £30m and £40m and their valuation is £50m. By all accounts we are willing to bid again so our next bid will be between 40-50m. Why not just bid the 50m now? Yes it's easy for me to say as it's not my money but I just think that the £10m difference won't throw a spanner into our other transfer plans; if we're willing to bid £40m for a player we knew was valued at £50m and possiblt bid again then for the sake of the difference I doubt it'll be a hinderance to us.

I in no way was misleading to anyone, that was a very odd way to look at this things. Not everything everyone does has a sinister motive, sometimes it can be taken at face value which was merely asking an a fair question with reasonable and fair reasoning. Although, I imagine you looked at who posted and not what was posted given your nonsensical response.

There's not a limitless pot and we're much better to take our time on this considering we're the only club bidding for the player. We know it's £50m so we can hold off and make that bid when we have heard back from other targets. Wolfsburg may be willing to negotiate on De Bruyne's fee. He might hand in a transfer request so they might have to.

If we're seen as just going through the motions and upping it £10m every other day up to £50m then we reveal to other clubs that we'll pay whatever they ask so they may as well hold firm. If we go quiet for a while and let time tick by, we can play hard ball with Wolfburg and do negotiation there. They can't then point to Sterling and say "well City paid up there, so let's be demanding here as well".

When is pre-season? Is it tomorrow? We still have time to get things done prior to the team returning. Our first game in OZ is on the 21st July I believe. Until mid July we may as well bide our time. Sterling isn't going anywhere else so there's no rush.

i have a few friends who support liverpool and they are loving their transfer business so far this summer........im not..........we havent signed anybody yet :-(

i am being patient though honest! :-)

Well you're not being patient, though...there's a long way to go in the window yet and we're looking at signings in a different stratosphere than Loserpool. Top class, big money signings take time.

Grow a pair, sit tight and enjoy the club's business when it happens.

There's not a limitless pot and we're much better to take our time on this considering we're the only club bidding for the player. We know it's £50m so we can hold off and make that bid when we have heard back from other targets. Wolfsburg may be willing to negotiate on De Bruyne's fee. He might hand in a transfer request so they might have to.

If we're seen as just going through the motions and upping it £10m every other day up to £50m then we reveal to other clubs that we'll pay whatever they ask so they may as well hold firm. If we go quiet for a while and let time tick by, we can play hard ball with Wolfburg and do negotiation there. They can't then point to Sterling and say "well City paid up there, so let's be demanding here as well".

When is pre-season? Is it tomorrow? We still have time to get things done prior to the team returning. Our first game in OZ is on the 21st July I believe. Until mid July we may as well bide our time. Sterling isn't going anywhere else so there's no rush.
But even bidding £40m for Sterling, which we have done, will have Wolfsburg thinking "Cha-ching" when De Bruyne is just after having the season he had compared to Sterling.

I think bidding for Sterling twice before anyone else, if we had done I imagine we would have heard something concrete, shows he's a huge priority and we'd like him signed sooner rather than later.

Taking our time won't lower Liverpool's asking price and I can't see it raising anyone elses any more than they could do already. Deals for Pogba or De Bruyne are more likely to be influenced by bidding wars and thus clubs aren't able to squeeze money out of us by saying "But you bid x amount for Sterling" it's what other clubs may be prepared to bid and obviously the will of the player too.

I just think with Sterling, having gone into discussions knowing what he was valued at and bidding 30/40m then at some point it's fair to assume that 50m won't be seen as a no go by the club. So at what point do you pull the trigger and ALL I'm asking is why not pull the trigger now? That's not scandelous or ridiculous to ask imo.

Last edited:

Agree - in fact City should start decreasing the offer!
Liverpool have already spent what they think they can get for Sterling. So imagine the reaction with the Red Sox owners if we decide to pull out of the deal!
Then we go back and make a slightly less offer and tell them to take it or end up millions out of pocket and a player that doesnt want to be there.

Well you're not being patient, though...there's a long way to go in the window yet and we're looking at signings in a different stratosphere than Loserpool. Top class, big money signings take time.

Grow a pair, sit tight and enjoy the club's business when it happens.

It's the same every summer. People are not rational when it comes to this. Just chillax.

Bit dissapointed with this transfer story. Very relieved we haven't got him however, long may that be the case while we look for some real world class footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.