Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say any of that.

I didn't say to just bid £50m straight away. If you read back, I doubt you will.

However, at this stage why drag it out any longer? We've bid £30m and £40m and their valuation is £50m. By all accounts we are willing to bid again so our next bid will be between 40-50m. Why not just bid the 50m now? Yes it's easy for me to say as it's not my money but I just think that the £10m difference won't throw a spanner into our other transfer plans; if we're willing to bid £40m for a player we knew was valued at £50m and possiblt bid again then for the sake of the difference I doubt it'll be a hinderance to us.

I in no way was misleading to anyone, that was a very odd way to look at this things. Not everything everyone does has a sinister motive, sometimes it can be taken at face value which was merely asking an a fair question with reasonable and fair reasoning. Although, I imagine you looked at who posted and not what was posted given your nonsensical response.

You quite clearly were referring to me when you said some 'pedantic' people were saying 'don't bid 50 mil because Liverpool will ask for 60'. Anyone reading that is being miseld into thinking people are suggesting that would be the case if City bid 50 now, wheras I was clearly talking about opening bids, not final bids.

When I posted that, it was in relpy to the general idea from several posters, that clubs just open up with what turns out to be the final bid, one I was discussing with, mentioning Rodrigues to Real as an example.

If you had been reading the thread rather than looking at the poster, you may have noticed.

As for the rest, we don't know if there has been a 50 mil bid discussed or if Liverpool will accept less, or if City want to pay it in July or anything else, or even if City have reached their final value.

Nobody knows what is happening, only that we are probably favourites to sign him & it may be for around hat price, simply because those are the strongest runours.

Not much point in people saying 'do this' & 'why are we waiting?' when we may have done it already or not be waiting for anything at all.

I just think with Sterling, having gone into discussions knowing what he was valued at and bidding 30/40m then at some point it's fair to assume that 50m won't be seen as a no go by the club.

I'm not sure thats a safe assumption to make. We'll have our limit, beyond which we're prepared to walk away. What that number is I guess we can only speculate.

Agree - in fact City should start decreasing the offer!
Liverpool have already spent what they think they can get for Sterling. So imagine the reaction with the Red Sox owners if we decide to pull out of the deal!
Then we go back and make a slightly less offer and tell them to take it or end up millions out of pocket and a player that doesnt want to be there.

They may of already had the money in the pot before we bid for Sterling,they may not be banking on money from Sterlings sale.

You quite clearly were referring to me when you said some 'pedantic' people were saying 'don't bid 50 mil because Liverpool will ask for 60'. Anyone reading that is being miseld into thinking people are suggesting that would be the case if City bid 50 now, wheras I was clearly talking about opening bids, not final bids.

When I posted that, it was in reay to the general idea from several posters, that clubs just open up with what turns out to be the final thread, one I was discussing with, mentioning Rodrigues to Real as an example.

If you had been reading the thread rather than looking at the poster, you may have noticed.

As for the rest, we don't know if there has been a 50 mil bid discussed or if Liverpool will accept less, or if City want to pay it in July or anything else, or even if City have reached their final value.

Nobody knows what is happening, only that we are probably favourites to sign him & it may be for around hat price, simply because those are the strongest runours.

Not much point in people saying 'do this' & 'why are we waiting?' when we may have done it already or not be waiting for anything at all.
Straight away I will say looking back it was waspish's response to one of my posts that i was referring to with regards to Liverpool just constantly raising the price. It was not "quite clearly" you, don't flatter yourself lol didn't even know if you had responded to any post.

I haven't read past those first few lines because I believe the rest of your post will be misinformed and your motive not fair. I was i no way referring to you, if I ever am I will either quote or reference you by name. The "" refer to a general response; of which didn't involve you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.