Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even bidding £40m for Sterling, which we have done, will have Wolfsburg thinking "Cha-ching" when De Bruyne is just after having the season he had compared to Sterling.

I think bidding for Sterling twice before anyone else, if we had done I imagine we would have heard something concrete, shows he's a huge priority and we'd like him signed sooner rather than later.

Taking our time won't lower Liverpool's asking price and I can't see it raising anyone elses any more than they could do already. Deals for Pogba or De Bruyne are more likely to be influenced by bidding wars and thus clubs aren't able to squeeze money out of us by saying "But you bid x amount for Sterling" it's what other clubs may be prepared to bid and obviously the will of the player too.

I just think with Sterling, having gone into discussions knowing what he was valued at and bidding 30/40m then at some point it's fair to assume that 50m won't be seen as a no go by the club. So at what point do you pull the trigger and ALL I'm asking is why not pull the trigger now? That's not scandelous or ridiculous to ask imo.

What's to say it's not one of De Bruyne OR Sterling. What's to say we're not playing that position with Wolfsburg? The window isn't officially opened, pre-season isn't for a while and no one else is seriously considering bidding for Sterling. So what's the rush? If his price is £50m and we're willing to pay it, we're still better off delaying than paying up now. It's big business. Let Liverpool sweat a bit. Maybe they've another few names they're keen on signing, maybe they now need some investment to go out and get those players. Perhaps they can see those targets being drawn to other clubs and maybe they get nervous and come back to us saying £49m will get him.

Who knows? But time is one thing we do have.

I'm not sure thats a safe assumption to make. We'll have our limit, beyond which we're prepared to walk away. What that number is I guess we can only speculate.
Again though if we are willing to bid again going by reports, our next bid will more than likely fall between 40-50m so we're running close to splitting hairs surely. I acknowledge "hairs" refers to millions of pounds though.

OK. So who do you think are the WC players we should be going after
Well it's difficult. I could list some players but they already play for clubs like Real, Barca and Munich which is the level to which we aspire. Those gems that are still young and under the radar I wouldn't know about. Of our current team, there's the 5 spine players who have proven themselves to be WC (albeit they've all had wobbles of form at times). I don't think RS is at their level. I'm not claiming I'm right, or even to know a lot, it's just an opinion. Alan Shearer said Liverpool should have bitten our hand off for £40, so he clearly thinks that it's over the odd for him. And I reckon he knows a thing or two about the PL and football.

Alan Shearer said Liverpool should have bitten our hand off for £40, so he clearly thinks that it's over the odd for him. And I reckon he knows a thing or two about the PL and football.
He knows a thing or two about putting the ball in the back of the net, provided somebody ties his boot laces for him and helps him find his way to the pitch. I wouldn't describe him as smart though.

Skybet currently suspended betting on Sterling transfer, might mean fuck all they may be just adjusting the odds but currently it's suspended.

Someone better give Txiki a ring, he's currently back home on holiday with his feet up.

This should tell people a helluva lot...

He's done his work and the people doing the closing have not told him to get off his arse and seek out alternatives.

Comes to something that the man tasked with the most stress already has his Castellas out!

Again though if we are willing to bid again going by reports, our next bid will more than likely fall between 40-50m so we're running close to splitting hairs surely. I acknowledge "hairs" refers to millions of pounds though.
Reports say that Liverpool have been bracing themself for days.

Straight away I will say looking back it was waspish's response to one of my posts that i was referring to with regards to Liverpool just constantly raising the price. It was not "quite clearly" you, don't flatter yourself lol didn't even know if you had responded to any post.

I haven't read past those first few lines because I believe the rest of your post will be misinformed and your motive not fair. I was i no way referring to you, if I ever am I will either quote or reference you by name. The "" refer to a general response; of which didn't involve you.
Yes you were referring to me, you quoted what I had said re figures & are again being dishonest.

As for not reading past those lines, that is fairly impossible to do without at least seeing some of it, & again you are just being chidish in not replying to a perfectly reasonable post which addresses fairly, the points you made, without rancour of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.