Rangers coming to Stretford

ayrshire_blue said:
Maly,

With all due respect. Why do you feel obliged to "prefer one of the two"?

Do you feel this way about ajax and feyenoord? Ac and inter? Olympakos and panathinikos?

Catch my drift, they should both be insignificant scum to any city fan unless you had a real reason to support one of them (lived in Glasgow, avid supporters within the family etc). Unfortunately your proddie catholic theory is everything that's wrong with the full thing. I'm catholic and I couldn't despise Celtic or rangers more than I already do.

Down to family mate. I have a few teams who I keep an eye on their results (I wouldn't say I support them, more follow them). My old fella's from Halbeath, just outside Dunfirmline, so the 1st game I ever went to was Dunfirmline (about 1980). I follow their results & want them to do well. I suppose that's the main reason I have an interest in Scottish football. All my old fella's side of the family are Rangers, so that's why I'd always prefer a Rangers win over Celtic.

I also follow a wee bit of Italian football due to relatives with Torino being the team I'd want to do well. I just love watching football.

Having said all that, I'm not really too concerned how any of them do as long as City keep on winning.

I don't think I'm the only person to 'follow' another team north of the boarder. There were always loads of half City half Rangers hats & scarves at Maine Road in the 80's (along with a few City/Celtic) & I whenever I went to watch the rags play with mates, I'd always see more united/Celtic hats & scarves that united/Rangers.

Unfortunately (for them) all of my mums side of the family are rags but thankfully I could never be converted.

I wholeheartidy agree that any sectarianism in football (as well as life in general) is extremely petty & pathetic. Unfortunately people hide behind religion for all sorts of reasons & use it as an excuse for their actions far too much. However, a link between 2 clubs due to religion (if this is indeed the case, as I've not had any time to do any research???) doesn't have to have anything to do with sectarianism.

ayrshire_blue said:
FPM.

No, i've maybe worded my post a bit wrong so for that I apologise.

After the trouble Rangers caused the last time, I expected there to be thread about them. That's fair enough.

What I don't like though is the fact each thread turns into an argument of "who's the best fans out of rangers and celtic" when most folk on here have absolutely no idea.

Yes, there were riots. But both that lot of fans run a mock every single week down here causing trouble, getting away with everything bar murder.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm --

Dubai Blue said:
It's all this 'second team' bullshit that does my head in. You either support Celtic/Rangers or City. You can't support both; it's simply not possible or even justifiable. I await loads of shit from our Irish and Scottish brothers but you are essentially wrong and deep down you know it. I couldn't give a fuck who wins the Outer Mongolian 2nd division and that's about how much relevance Scottish football has with Manchester City. If you want to follow us, follow us. If you want to follow us and continue supporting one of the two most biggoted teams on Earth then fuck off and leave us be. We neither need you or want you.

DubaiBlue, thanks. 100% spot on.

How can he be 100% spot on on when you follow a Scottish team and Manchester City???? Just a thought!

For the record, I think that's a lot of shite. Traditionally alot of families in the likes of Scotland, Ireland and Wales have an interest in English football. You can't dictate to people what they can and can't do or who they should and shouldn't follow. If you're stationed in Dubai, chances are people like me probably make more City games than you!!

Back on topic, i'm not watching either Rags v Scotlands Shame Champions League ties. Hate the fuckin pair of them.

Lazerboyblue said:
ayrshire_blue said:
FPM.

No, i've maybe worded my post a bit wrong so for that I apologise.

After the trouble Rangers caused the last time, I expected there to be thread about them. That's fair enough.

What I don't like though is the fact each thread turns into an argument of "who's the best fans out of rangers and celtic" when most folk on here have absolutely no idea.

Yes, there were riots. But both that lot of fans run a mock every single week down here causing trouble, getting away with everything bar murder.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm --

DubaiBlue, thanks. 100% spot on.

How can he be 100% spot on on when you follow a Scottish team and Manchester City???? Just a thought!

For the record, I think that's a lot of shite. Traditionally alot of families in the likes of Scotland, Ireland and Wales have an interest in English football. You can't dictate to people what they can and can't do or who they should and shouldn't follow. If you're stationed in Dubai, chances are people like me probably make more City games than you!!

Back on topic, i'm not watching either Rags v Scotlands Shame Champions League ties. Hate the fuckin pair of them.

Agree and add in Celtic.I have a season ticket for Hearts and City so you can support two teams as well.Met a few City fans who have worked in Scotland and most admit to watching Rangers when up there.

mancitytmdanttom said:
blueshortshorts said:
there were loads of them in town for the Hamburg game..scumbags

And supporting Hamburg - Jock bastards

The old firm have got there favourites with this derby game in Germany.Celtic/St Pauli,Rangers/ Hamburg.They have even taken sides in the Israel and Lebanon struggle.Clowns of the highest order.

ayrshire_blue said:
I was dreading this draw because I knew it would turn out another "Rangers or Celtic" argument on Bluemoon.

Something tbh I got sick to fuck with in Scottish football and contributes to the reason I follow City and the EPL more than Kilmarnock and the SPL today.

The amount of you who have randomly picked your "favourite" out the two clubs, despite never having to put up with the constant vile from EACH of their supporters for YEARS is unbelievable.

Yes, Rangers have a minority who are not bigoted and go out to support their team and can do so without sectarian shite. Yes Celtic have that minority too. But at the end of the day both sets of supporters are scum to a large extent and it sickens me to death the City fans who argue about which ones are better than the other.

Can you not just follow City and who gives a fuck about the old firm? It's fucking despicable in all honesty.

Cracking post. By rights, I understand, I ought to be all 'Hail, hail' and all that rubbish due to my 'heritage'.

However I absolutely despise both of those teams, everything they stand for and the vile, hate and sectarianism that permeates a significant amount of their fans.

I'll not be wanting the rags to win as I cannot stand them, but I certainly won't be cheering on Rangers.

It'll be like trying to choose who to cheer on in a game between a paedo 11 and a child killer 11.

Is it my memeory playing tricks on me or was there not a commemrative badge and t-shirts outside Maine Road after we beat the rags 5-1 virtually at the same time rangers beat celtic 5-1 in 89??

1- Maly, fair play mate.

2- Lazerboyblue, I agree with Dubai's points in that there's no point in arguing who has the better fans between Rangers and Celtic - we're all meant to be City fans at the end of the day and it shouldn't really matter at all about these daft sectarian arguments we see on bluemoon time and time again, they are shocking and quite frankly pathetic.

I know you mentioned the fact that I have "two teams". Well, City are my team. I live in Scotland and have no family links at all with Manchester, however i've supported City ever since the Gills playoff game in 99 when I would have been 11 years old and I developed a "soft spot" as it merely was at the time due to the passion of the fans and players that day.

My dad used to take me to Kilmarnock games since I was about 4 until I turned 18 when i've lost nearly all enthusiasm for the Scottish game (not Kilmarnock themselves), and now I tend to focus a lot more on City. I still look out for Killie results, and was still nearly having heart attacks at the thought of them getting relegated last season - of course I would, all my family still support them and I still go to the odd game after all these years so who wouldn't? I know where you're coming from, but i'd say this kind of thing along with Maly's points are acceptable. If anything i've no reason to support City, but I fookin love them and am starting to get to games, buy merchandise etc a lot more than I could as a youngster. If someone asked me who I supported i'd say City and I also like to see Kilmarnock do well - my local club.

It's the folk who have no links to anything old firm (or any other club for that matter) and "decide" to "support" one of them for no reason at all and decide which set of fans are the "best" and go on to have sectarian arguments over a City forum when they haven't the first clue what they're even talking about - that's what annoys me.

Like I say mate CTID, sorry for rambling on a bit but very little people on here would even come close to realising what non old firm fans who couldn't give a shit about sectarianism, have to put up with in the likes of Ayrshire, and to see it evolve onto a City board, somewhere you get the chance to get away from that kind of pish, is really pathetic. Apologies if i've came over hypocritical (sp?) I didn't mean it that way.

bennyboy said:
mancitytmdanttom said:
And supporting Hamburg - Jock bastards

The old firm have got there favourites with this derby game in Germany.Celtic/St Pauli,Rangers/ Hamburg.They have even taken sides in the Israel and Lebanon struggle.Clowns of the highest order.

If the two bits in the above post are connected, it's tabloid sensationalism of the highest order.

Have a look at the Rangers/Hamburg history & see where it actually comes from. A wee hint for you, it's F all to do with St Pauli or Celtic.

As for the Israel/Palestine thing, I agree 100% the idiots in the Rangers fans who took Israel flags to the OF game in retaliation to Celtic fans Palestine flags were 100% out of order. I will admit I'm interested to see if Celtic fans will continue to wave Palestine flags even with their new Israeli midfielder?

PS "mancitytmdanttom" I guess casual racism is fine just picking on someone's religion that is wrong?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.