Raoul Moat

levey said:
if they knew he was in a certain area of woodland camping etc, why didnt do a fly over in the police chopper with the infra red on over the area after imposing a curfew for all residents for 1 night. or is that too simple
This was asked by Sky. Apparently there are over-hangs, mini caves which provide shelter and they say he could easily hide within the woodland and go unseen by infrared/heat seeking cams etc.

He is literally like a mental John Rambo.

Can imagine the guy camouflaged up lifting tree stumps in preparation for taking out some of the local dibble. Fucking looney.

No way is he going without a fight.

Pigeonho said:
levey said:
if they knew he was in a certain area of woodland camping etc, why didnt do a fly over in the police chopper with the infra red on over the area after imposing a curfew for all residents for 1 night. or is that too simple
This was asked by Sky. Apparently there are over-hangs, mini caves which provide shelter and they say he could easily hide within the woodland and go unseen by infrared/heat seeking cams etc.

So they thought they wouldnt bother just in case and fly over 20 armoured vehicles instead that probably wont be able to navigate through the woodland. they will be drafting in special forces next!

glen quagmire said:
SouthStandStander said:
10k is a big reward, might go up there and have a look for him myself.

dead or alive, your coming with Ste!

Southstander i've got the night off fri, do you fancy 5 grand each? I'm Game if you are!

yeah, lets have it. will take my fishing gear so the numpty thinks were fishing. he may be 6 foot and about 20 stone, but i reckon we could take him :)

glen quagmire said:
SouthStandStander said:
10k is a big reward, might go up there and have a look for him myself.

dead or alive, your coming with Ste!

Southstander i've got the night off fri, do you fancy 5 grand each? I'm Game if you are!

dog.jpg

Which one of you is Beth?

Wish we could get Dog over for this one. See how far a tazer, a paint ball gun and a speech about god will take him.

levey said:
Pigeonho said:

So they thought they wouldnt bother just in case and fly over 20 armoured vehicles instead that probably wont be able to navigate through the woodland. they will be drafting in special forces next!

Dogs, get some clothing from his house and get about 20 dogs they'll soon find him if he is there.

Blue Trucker 69 said:
johnny on the spot said:
It's an enormous area to be searching for one man, regardless of ginger hair.

Johnny your up there.Whats the local jungle telegraph reckon he's gonig to do.

The Newcastle Chronicle have done some good background work on him. This guy has a serious, long-standing hatred of police but people have had some surprising things to say about him:

The business development expert who helped Moat set up tree surgery firm Mr Trimmit said from the first moments they met , the ex-doorman was angry with police who he suspected was out to get him.

Moat approached the consultant, from Newcastle’s West End, whose identity is being protected, when he was unemployed.

The firm saw Moat gardening at some of the region’s most impressive homes, including £1m properties in exclusive Darras Hall, Ponteland.

The business adviser said: “From what I saw he worked very hard and he was quite a character, but he always had a chip on his shoulder.

“He was furious from day one when he claimed the police had it in for him. He would say they had stopped him in the street, or stopped him in his car.

“I tried to keep things as business like as possible but he would keep talking to me about it.”

The adviser said he knew Moat had been having personal problems, which he had been struggling to deal with.

He said: “He (Moat) had this dream of a nice business and working hard. He was very motivated like that.

“I think he just wanted a nice house, perhaps in the countryside, with a good job and his family around him.

“He was good at what he did because of his strength. You would be driving along the street and see him lifting these enormous tree trunks into the back of his truck.

“He would be wearing a bandana, he was a very free spirit, he just didn’t like being controlled.

I've taken quite an interest in this story, as at work it's my job to collect all the media reports etc to compile a record for future Local History researchers. I've read about pretty much nothing else at work since this started. He strikes me as someone who's had a lot go wrong for him and is totally incapable of dealing with it. What worries me is that his general despair will be magnified a thousandfold in the current situation. I can only see it ending one way, unfortunately.

Don't think he's as 'crazy' as some make out.

He's said he isn't a threat to the local public, and so far he's stayed true to that. He's not gone on a rampage to spill as much blood as possible before taking his own life as others have done in the US or more recently in Cumbria.

It's been 3-4 days now where he's not attacked anyone... Perhaps he's preparing to go out in a final blaze of glory, but the fact he's not shot the local Post Office and then himself... its not the usual antics of a 'crazy' person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.