Re: txiki, soriano and mancini please take note.

I'm no cynic said:
If we couldn't get Plan A targets, then what was the point of going for benchwarmers instead? According to transfermarkt.co.uk, City's net spend in the last 12 months has been £15.5m, as opposed to the rags net spend of £53.9m. Given that an increase in turnover was expected for this season, we could have expected the club to push the boat out more than it did. If the Board weren't prepared to sanction the necessary spending as outlined by Mancini, then they may as well have left things as the season ended.
I can't answer the question as to why we did what we did when we couldn't get our first choice targets. I do think that players like Rodwell and Nastasic could be the spine of the team for many years to come so they weren't bad business. Maicon cost us nothing but his wages and the jury is still out on Garcia, who I'd prefer to judge at the end of next season.

But if you think back to last summer, we lost De Jong and replaced him with Garcia and likewise for Johnson & Sinclair. The other three were additions. £50m spend plus presumably relatively low wages doesn't give us a problem, particularly having sold Balotelli in January.

From a financial perspective, any significant revenue increase this year was only going to come from getting further in the CL. From this year, amortisation will fall, wages will as well and we get the new TV and Nike revenue. As we'll be selling quite a few as well and losing some others off the wage bill as their contracts expire. This summer is (or should be) the time to spend real money.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACqcZZwG0k[/youtube]

Note what we have here - a bland statement of nothing that will be used as a sign of insight in the future, whatever happens. Some will now go crazy as the great ITK says it will be ok...some will see it for what it is

de niro said:
Do not allow this to happen again. The club fucked up big time last august and now we see the result. You owe us now, you must put it right.
No in fighting, no dawdling, no ffp shit. Just sort it.
Get the players in early, move the deadwood afterwards if necessary but don't hang around.
The scum may be skint but Chelsea aren't, if we fuck about they'll sign our targets.

No excuses.

The scum aren't at all skint thanks to the success of their FFP plans allowing them to keep spending.

Im as gutted to see them win a trophy again but how can you say Txiki, Soriano and Mancini owe us something? They owe us nothing, and neither do Khaldoon or Mansour.

Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Note what we have here - a bland statement of nothing that will be used as a sign of insight in the future, whatever happens. Some will now go crazy as the great ITK says it will be ok...some will see it for what it is

And another one...

The thing is this season we're not stretching teams on the wing like we did last year. We need someone like Isco or Jesus Navas because Nasri just doesn't do it.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And another one...

Just responding to your BS brother....you feel the need to post bland vids on multiple threads...I feel the need to comment

Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danielmanc said:

And another one...

Just responding to your BS brother....you feel the need to post bland vids on multiple threads...I feel the need to comment

and another one....

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danielmanc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And another one...

and another one....

Keep going...there's sure to be plenty who beleive in your importance.

But if you want to discuss it...tell us all what posting that vid on more than one thread tells the reader or contributes in any way. You posting the vid is just you saying "Look at me" in my opinion

BlueAnorak said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:
If he had any shamed he'd have fucked off when he got demoted to oversee the reserves.

It wouldn't have been the least headline grabbing thing to do, but this summer is the ideal chance for The Snail to 'resign' so he can 'spend more time with his family'.

He royally fucked up last summer & I squarely put the blame on his toes. Mancini warned what would happen, because outside of our best 16 players, the quality needed to compete at the very highest level falls off a cliff edge and this is what The Snail failed to address to our ultimate detriment.
So imagine you're Brian Marwood.

Khaldoon tells you what the targets are plus the financial limits and you stick to them. Hazard's agent(s) piss you about and make all sorts of demands you feel are unreasonable but you go back to Khaldoon, who says you did right - we're not paying. Is that your fault?

Or you approach De Rossi's agent and he says "No thanks I'm staying put." Is that your fault?

Or you do all the spade work to get RVP on board and arrange a deal for Balotelli to balance the books. Then Mancini says "Over my dead body" and RVP's people get fed up and sign with the rags. Is that your fault?

That's what happened with all three transfers.

So you go to the Plan B targets and get a very promising young centre-back, an excellent young box-to-box midfielder, an experienced wing-back at minimal cost and an experienced defensive midfielder who can also cover at centre-back. You also gamble on a young wide player who'd had a good season in the PL for his club but for whatever reason hasn't really made the step up. Regardless, the owners consider you've done a good job.

Some of you are like bratty, spoilt kids who throw a tantrum in Toys'R'Us because mummy won't buy you that great big shiny fire engine.

Good post PB. Just one slight problem.
I'm pretty sure that Mancini would have let Balotelli or Dzeko go IF we had got RVP in. We didn't hence the "over my dead body" comment.
I find it difficult to imagine that we would complete a deal on RVP before we had completed one on an outgoing player. Surely that's basic stuff as if you sign the new player first then the club(s) looking to buy the outgoing player have a crucial negotiating advantage if they know you're selling the player because you have to.

That's presumably why Liverpool are talking up Suarez at the moment by saying they're not selling and why QPR were also adamant that Barton was staying with them. And of course we weren't selling Mario, despite the training ground bust up and everything else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.