Ready meal curries

Just had this on the yellow labels at half price, shit mega indigestion immediately after finishing the Phaal, should I also expect a severe dose of the runs?

chilli-rocks_540x@2x.jpg

I buy this set from spicentice every couple of months, the quality is excellent and when you mix it with fresh chilies it is wonderous.

Thought this might be about those old Vesta curries.

To imitate the taste, empty out your Hoover bag/container contents and cook in hot water for 30 minutes.

I tried the beef one a few years ago in the name of nostalgia, it was disgusting ;)

Me too, I learn restaurant style from youtube videos, bit of a ballache at first with the base gravy etc but once you've a stock of that in the freezer it's easy to get a madras together. Been trying onion bahjis from scratch recently, no comparison to bought ones.
I hope you don't make them like pattys. I make mine like small tennis ball shape, but the onions are straggly and they come out a bit rough looking but Ace. Make sure you chop coriander into them as well. Pakoras can be done with the same mix

Difficult to beat restaurant popadoms though, unless you have any tips.
Lightly brush each side of an uncooked poppadom with veg oil or add a couple of drops and smear each side with your fingers till covered.

Line up your bottom of your microwave plate with a *paper kitchen towel, place one poppadom (**off centre) and hit it on maximum power for a minute. Flip it over and cook it for another 20 seconds or so (if required) till the edges/centre have puffed out/changed colour as the rest of the poppadom.

Voila!

* Paper towel avoids an oily mess on the bottom of your microwave.
** Off centre placement cooks better than if you put your poppadom bang in the middle, dunno why.

Last edited:
I hope you don't make them like pattys. I make mine like small tennis ball shape, but the onions are straggly and they come out a bit rough looking but Ace. Make sure you chop coriander into them as well. Pakoras can be done with the same mix
No mate, I try to make them exactly as you describe, crispy bits sticking out, it's rare these days to get them like that in a restaurant, usually just stodgy pre-made stuff, no different to supermarket ones.
Good shout for Pakoras, will definitely give some veg ones a go before I try with chicken.

Reactions: mac
I tried the beef one a few years ago in the name of nostalgia, it was disgusting ;)
Speak as you find I used to love them. One of the few hot meals I can make myself. Tried searching everywhere but cannot find them, B&M bargains used to do the chicken version up to about 3 years ago but just not the same.

Speak as you find I used to love them. One of the few hot meals I can make myself. Tried searching everywhere but cannot find them, B&M bargains used to do the chicken version up to about 3 years ago but just not the same.
They're in Asda but they're about £3, fuck that, they used to be a quid in B&Ms. They're shit but less shit than a pot noodle, apart from the time element involved in getting it to a plate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.