Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Doing what it takes that is the mentality we lack!
Nah if that was any of our players, that’s a straight red. Foden got a yellow for being sandwiched by 2 Madrid players. What was Sterling’s yellow for? What’s with the lack of extra time compared to the first leg, when all their players went down with cramp.

We will NOT get those decisions so we can’t suddenly start playing dirty.

Nah if that was any of our players, that’s a straight red. Foden got a yellow for being sandwiched by 2 Madrid players. What was Sterling’s yellow for? What’s with the lack of extra time compared to the first leg, when all their players went down with cramp.

We will NOT get those decisions.
I agree with you on that but there is no harm in trying

I really feel in the end bad game management did us in both games, tonight 2 goals up, 10 minutes left, why are we tring to score again? Same in the 1st leg. We should know when to shut up shop. And shut up shop properly.
We didnt learn from the 1st leg.
Frustrating.

I wouldn't say negative football but need to be more switched on
The lesson is never to take top European sides for granted. Unlike the majority of Premier League teams, they're never beaten and have the quality to hurt us, no matter what the score.

Disappointed but not surprised. Year in year out we let ourselves down in the competition. We have to do better, always the next year so I'll move on from this, but I hope we really win this competition one day, preferably under Pep.

Btw who the fuck is this Rodrigo guy? is he a bit older Kayky? looks about that.

he had 4 La Liga goals only in last season + this one, over 2000 minutes played. thats like 23 starts and was subbed in for 30 times so is a regular in rotation so to say.
only turned 21 recently so thats understandable.

how they get a guy like this to be so clinical in crucial CL moments?
clearly this is something we dont have to have an option on bench as a young player to pull this off. neither an old one or anyone with killer instinct. neither in first 11.

I mean we had Torres but sold him...
I think even he would have put away a few of those missed Foden, Mahrez, grealish chances all mised vs Real.

Does anyone think the CL will forever allude pep with us?
I'm beginning to think we won't ever win it with him, we just seem cursed.
His record since leaving Barcelona in the Champions League makes pretty bleak reading.whilst he was manager of Bayern i remember them getting a good pasting by Real Madrid in a semi-final at home. Bayern fans felt he didn't have what it takes to make them Kings of Europe.Many were happy he left.Clubs like Bayern demand the Trophy.

Bayern dominated possession in that Semi Final 64%

Created 679 passes Madrid 281

He just seems to not be able to deal with high pressure one off later games in the Champions League very well.

He didn't do much wrong tonight other than substitute all our game changers thinking we had won the game. Meaning when we went behind, we literally didn't have a game changing player on the Pitch to change it for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.