Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

That was a really high quality game in conditions we aren’t used to, a ref that was allowing them in particular way too much and we’ve come away with a draw at the Bernebau.

It’s a great result and great performance, we were never going to win the tie tonight, the important thing was not to lose it and we’ve given ourselves a brilliant chance.

Well done all of them.
I think most of us would have settled for a draw before the game a I for one am pretty happy tonight as our lads play hard games week in week out and Madrid have possibly six hard games a season not including CL games

Hard to come down after such an intense game. Ended up brushing the shed out for the last 15.
Players looked shattered. Tues-Sunday helps.

And breathe

Was a bit worried going 1 down but that's a huge result, got to fancy us at the Eithad

But Pep reluctance to use subs still baffles me, game was there to be won with 2 or 3 changes
Yep,think Alvarez could have done a bit of damage late on.
‘average performance’ does not recognise that they have just as good players as us.

Vinicius is probably the best player on either team. they have a ton of players who can smash it from distance which was their main threat.

And their defenders played Haaland to perfection.

Main concern is tiredness - they are nowhere in their league and can rest 8 or 9 at the weekend. we cant rest rodri, gundog, de bruyne and bernie at the weekend, maybe only one of them. they all looked exhausted in that heat.
Good point,I hope it's cold and pissing down next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.