Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

This is the option Mahrez had. Not gonna have a go at him for choosing to shoot - he just marginally sliced it going for top corner

i think going across the keeper gives mahrez a better chance and brings in foden if the keeper save it

This is the option Mahrez had. Not gonna have a go at him for choosing to shoot - he just marginally sliced it going for top corner
In a split second it's not easy to pick the right option (that's what your £200k per week is for, btw) but I think (a) the pass was on and (b) even if not, he has to go far corner so that Foden gets a tap-in if Courtois saves it.

EDIT: Just seen @ancoats' post

I've never seen anyone suggest they score every opportunity?

But I agree, in the unlikely event anyone did say that, they'd be wrong.

It's not a one-off for Mahez, he consistently makes stupid decisions
Yet he is our top scorer.

After watching us in the late nineties I watch our players now in awe. Mahrez,Jesus and Sterling get unnecessary criticism from our fans. Every single one of them are brilliant players and anyone can miss a chance and make the wrong decision but that is football.
Some of the skill from Mahrez last night was sublime

We can always do better mate, but in the heat of battle, decisions have to be made in a split second, albeit we fans have the benefit of replays & hindsight.

Yes we missed some sitters & it's arguable that certain passes should have been made & shots better placed. We also have to give credit to Real too, because they're no mugs.

We're at halftime & have a crucial match against Leeds on Saturday when they only need a point to win La Liga. We need to focus our attention on that & then rest & prepare as best for the return leg.

Next week is finely poised. We're a goal up, but they're at home. They're dangerous but so are we. It's down to the lads. All we can do is yell our lungs out in support.

Yeah of course, but I think it was a particularly poor performance in terms of game management and ball retention. They're a good side of course, they thrive on others making errors. They've done it to PSG and Chelsea. They did it to us last night, but we still won.

We go to the Bernabeu knowing we're through unless they score, but we will go there to win. The key will be playing keep ball and controlling the pace of the game. Chelsea did it incredibly well and we've done it so many times in the CL now. We need to ensure that the game is played our way. They have the most fickle fans going. They're up there with the dippers in terms of believing it's their right to win the CL. Get an early goal and the fans will be calling for Ancelotti's head and booing them.

I remain confident. I'd have just liked it to have been 5-0 as I've booked my trip to Paris and would quite like to go and see us lift the big eared bastard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.