Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Make it 4 years in a row we've finished in the top 2.

Get in Europa league and set up some amazing away days.

Marvin said:
Matty said:
Whilst we're clearly still got a chance of finishing as champion's (we're only 11 games into the season and 8 points, whilst a sizeable lead, certyainly isn't impossible to claw back) I think, if I'm being realistic, I just don't see us being able to catch a team as good as Chelsea. So, for me, a resonable expectation would be to finish as runners up. As for the cups, I can't see us beating Munich, so therefore I think we'll fail to finish in 2nd place. Realistically though I think we could sneak 3rd place (whether that's desireable or not is a different matter). So, my expectation for Europe is we drop into the Europa League, and then make, at least, the quarter finals. As for the FA Cup, my expectation is we field a very strong lineup and make, at least, the semi finals. Obviously this last one is very much draw dependent. If we get Chelsea away in the 3rd round and lose then that wouldn't be a huge shock, however a home defeat to Wigan would be.
I don't see Chelsea losing many, but over the course of 27 games we can make up 8 points.

They'll have problems later in the season with the demands on their squad.

As I said, it's possible, but I certainly don't expect us to catch them. My expecttations before the season began were that City and Chelsea would be the top 2, by a fairly sizeable gap, and that Chelsea would just pip us to the title. My expectations now are that City and Chelsea will be the top 2, but that Chelsea will win the league by a fairly sizeable margin.

Marvin said:
Matty said:
Whilst we're clearly still got a chance of finishing as champion's (we're only 11 games into the season and 8 points, whilst a sizeable lead, certyainly isn't impossible to claw back) I think, if I'm being realistic, I just don't see us being able to catch a team as good as Chelsea. So, for me, a resonable expectation would be to finish as runners up. As for the cups, I can't see us beating Munich, so therefore I think we'll fail to finish in 2nd place. Realistically though I think we could sneak 3rd place (whether that's desireable or not is a different matter). So, my expectation for Europe is we drop into the Europa League, and then make, at least, the quarter finals. As for the FA Cup, my expectation is we field a very strong lineup and make, at least, the semi finals. Obviously this last one is very much draw dependent. If we get Chelsea away in the 3rd round and lose then that wouldn't be a huge shock, however a home defeat to Wigan would be.
I don't see Chelsea losing many, but over the course of 27 games we can make up 8 points.

I personally cant see Chelsea losing more than 3 games all season! They are on track currently for 100 points so even allowing for a stumble you would think 90 points would be achievable.

If so that gives us 12/13 more points we can drop realistically when we have already dropped 12 in the first 11 games.

To do that we will probably have to win all our home games and find ways of winning at some of the grounds we traditionally struggle at like Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland and Anfield and of course Stamford Bridge when for me we must win!

Our form needs to turn around now starting with Swansea, not in 4/5 weeks.

Matty said:
Marvin said:
Matty said:

As I said, it's possible, but I certainly don't expect us to catch them. My expecttations before the season began were that City and Chelsea would be the top 2, by a fairly sizeable gap, and that Chelsea would just pip us to the title. My expectations now are that City and Chelsea will be the top 2, but that Chelsea will win the league by a fairly sizeable margin.

8 points isnt that much, but its enough to take the pressure off of them. They know that even if they drop points we're not going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season. The pressure is all on us. Hence when they go behind as they did on Saturday they stayed relaxed and confident.

We can overcome an 8 point lead but theres more chance that the gap will widen.

Finish the stadium expansion, get the atmosphere a bit better, settle in the new training ground, spend 120 million + in the summer, finish 2nd and win the fa cup.

Get in a position where we can be confident we can give it a real good go in the league and Europe next season.

We can't win it every year.

Qualify for Europa League
Finish Second
Win or Come Very Close to Winnning Europa League Or FA Cup

worsleyweb said:
Finish the stadium expansion, get the atmosphere a bit better, settle in the new training ground, spend 120 million + in the summer, finish 2nd and win the fa cup.

Get in a position where we can be confident we can give it a real good go in the league and Europe next season.

We can't win it every year.
Well said mate. Spot on there.

Win the league. Realistic enough - Go on a storming run throughout the times we've previously struggled, like Feb/March, let complacency settle in at Chelsea like it did to us, they have a couple of shaky results, start to worry and before you know it there we are, nothing in it.

Will be interested to see if we end up in the Europa league though. If we did I'd really like us to have a proper bash at winning it. Fucking hated seeing us limp out to shit opposition in that competition in the past.

Give a good account of ourselves and make sure that next year we are ready to really dominate on all fronts. Every club has seasons like this, we gotta make sure we come back stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.