Really looking forward to Porto

Re: Really looking forward to porto..

Bluebee2 said:
Ric said:
I'm sure Mancini will take the opportunity to rotate the squad, but for those saying "blood the youngsters" there aren't many opportunities to do so. Only Sean Tse, Juan Roman and Bradley Robinson have been named in the 25 man squad.

I presume you can't play anyone outside of the 25? Or is it like the Premier League where players under the age of 21 don't have to be listed, and are therefore eligible?

If not then the likes of Razak, Rekik, Scapuzzi, Suarez, Assulin etc won't be available, which means we'll have to play a relatively strong team. It's a difficult tie, and I can see us getting knocked out, but looking forward to the trip regardless.

Some of them are not even with us and are out on loan. I'm sure that the three you name will not be involved.

Scapuzzi and Razak are both back at City, assuming you mean them?

Ric said:
I'm sure Mancini will take the opportunity to rotate the squad, but for those saying "blood the youngsters" there aren't many opportunities to do so. Only Sean Tse, Juan Roman and Bradley Robinson have been named in the 25 man squad.

I presume you can't play anyone outside of the 25? Or is it like the Premier League where players under the age of 21 don't have to be listed, and are therefore eligible?

If not then the likes of Razak, Rekik, Scapuzzi, Suarez, Assulin etc won't be available, which means we'll have to play a relatively strong team. It's a difficult tie, and I can see us getting knocked out, but looking forward to the trip regardless.

anyone under 21 at the time of registration can play regardless of being in the 'named' squad

iamsosolidtom said:
Ric said:

anyone under 21 at the time of registration can play regardless of being in the 'named' squad
That's only true for the Prem, not for UEFA competitions where U-21s not named in the "A" list must still have been trained at the club for a set period to be eligible. Suarez for example is ineligible this season, as are Razak and Rekik.

The cookie monster said:
Exit this asap, it was cost us in the long run if we dont!
Or it will give our squad players excellent opportunity to gain more experience, understanding of teammates, and give anyone not quite flying in the first team a chance to gain some game time and confidence.

Pantomillion Kolo Savic Hargreaves Pizzarro Johnson can all start and play games where otherwise they'd just be sat on the bench. Players like Razak Rekik and Suárez can be on the bench and get actual game time too, which they've hardly done all season with so few EDS games.

With the odd first teamer too (but mix them up from game to game so certain individuals aren't playing too much).

If our players aren't fit enough to play two games in a week once a month and not let that effect our Premier League run, then we have the wrong players!

mancini will go for it, just incase we fuck up in the league!

i'll be there, can't miss out on games like this,

sunshine,beer,city its a no brainer...

nottingham blues on tour!

Looks like we will have to open a the 3rd tier for this especially if we're still in the tie after the 1st leg.

With Kompany, Yaya, Kolo and Mario returning, and Pizarro on board I am sure we will be giving it a real go against one of the top sides in European football.

Marvin said:
Looks like we will have to open a the 3rd tier for this especially if we're still in the tie after the 1st leg.

With Kompany, Yaya, Kolo and Mario returning, and Pizarro on board I am sure we will be giving it a real go against one of the top sides in European football.

Was hardly anything left when I got my tickets a few days ago. Lots of people must be thinking the same, and even the funny KO time seems like a bonus, so easier to bring the kids along for a fiver.

foley87 said:
whats the local beer?

regardless of what it is though, ill be off my rocker on it!!! sun beer and city!!!
it's called superbock and not too shabby.
See you in the sunshine,14 degrees,scorchio compared to blighty!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.