Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

Ducado said:
You can complain to the FA here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs</a>

You also need to register with them first and get what they call a 'FAN' number.

I have emailed them twice, once about the VK decision and once asking them to explain the difference between the Johnson and VK tackles. Suffice to say that I have had no response.

Im in two minds with this one.. if Kompany hadn't been sent off last week for a challenge not half as bad as this one i would say no Johnson's challenge was not a red.

But Kompany was sent off so therefore surely Johnson had to go aswel!!

Big Dave Watson said:
Ducado said:
You can complain to the FA here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs</a>

You also need to register with them first and get what they call a 'FAN' number.

I have emailed them twice, once about the VK decision and once asking them to explain the difference between the Johnson and VK tackles. Suffice to say that I have had no response.
you won't do either, like they're gonna filter through their email system just to read emails of abuse from fellow blues telling them how shite they are at their job? They have some fat sad bastard sat at a computer desk clicking auto-reply all emails along with some bull shit email saying that nothing can be done as blah blah blah as the delete your email you spent your own time writing out...

You'd get much of a responce shouting at your floor boards whilst wearing a tin foil hat on your head!!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
You'd get as much of a response shouting at your floor boards whilst wearing a tin foil hat on your head!!

To be honest, that's a big con as well. You don't even need the tin foil hat - it's just a marketing ploy to fleece fans of their hard-earned. ;o)

Seriously though, it really has pissed me off the way both incidents have been dealt with. They truly are a FArce.

mancboy123 said:
In the nfl the coaches get 2 challenges per half i believe once they are gone they are gone and you cannot make anymore challenges. Also every scoring play is reviewable.

For me that system would be fine. The Only real reason i can see for not using video technology is that it would highlight on an offical level how useless todays refs are there could be no more hiding from the FA, there could be no more the ref deemed it this way so there you go.

The problem with this is that the rules are so ambiguous it is ridiculous and the independent panel it turns out isnt that independent when it has friends of managers on there.

I understand the principle and it works in tennis because the technology is *so* precise. Cameramen and the 4th official are different so for this reason I would be against that idea.

The 4 officials should be accountable and the decision makers. The best ones are those who know when to intervene and let the game flow as much as possible.

Thats more difficult in some games than others which is why you need a team of 4 who can talk to one another.

DTeacher said:
You'd get as much of a response shouting at your floor boards whilst wearing a tin foil hat on your head!!

To be honest, that's a big con as well. You don't even need the tin foil hat - it's just a marketing ploy to fleece fans of their hard-earned. ;o)

Seriously though, it really has pissed me off the way both incidents have been dealt with. They truly are a FArce.

I think we're all agreed about that. When you look at the similarity of the tackles and different outcomes, the sense of injustice is profound.

pauldominic said:
DTeacher said:

I think we're all agreed about that. When you look at the similarity of the tackles and different outcomes, the sense of injustice is profound.

i've mentioned my mate a few times on here, he's a big coventry city fan but has lived up here nearly all his life (his family are from coventry though).

now he watches the PL as much as we do on the whole, he is about a neutral as we can get, he loves football, he loves the PL and he obviously loves coventry.

he's switched on and knows his stuff about footy from all around the world. yesterday i received a phone call off him after the johnson tackle was let go and needless to say he thinks city are being stung, he's more convinced than i am of an agenda to stop city.

now when other fans, who obviously don't have the same "blue tinted glasses" feel somethings up and can't understand why the two players were treated differently then there it makes you wonder, doesn't it.

anyway during this phone call he actually started raising his voice and began shouting "THE FA ARE A JOKE".

ban-mcfc said:
pauldominic said:
DTeacher said:

i've mentioned my mate a few times on here, he's a big coventry city fan but has lived up here nearly all his life (his family are from coventry though).

now he watches the PL as much as we do on the whole, he is about a neutral as we can get, he loves football, he loves the PL and he obviously loves coventry.

he's switched on and knows his stuff about footy from all around the world. yesterday i received a phone call off him after the johnson tackle was let go and needless to say he thinks city are being stung, he's more convinced than i am of an agenda to stop city.

now when other fans, who obviously don't have the same "blue tinted glasses" feel somethings up and can't understand why the two players were treated differently then there it makes you wonder, doesn't it.

anyway during this phone call he actually started raising his voice and began shouting "THE FA ARE A JOKE".

They do share the same colours as us but there is a major problem with Unelected Governing Bodies in sport.

The RFU went into meltdown, but football is corrupt up to the top of the world game - conflicts of interest everywhere.

Bill Beaumont is an honourable man and has put his name forward as RFU Chairman. The RFU will hopefully elect him and the next England world cup will come from rugby rather than football.

Thank God that Rugby will never be as corrupt as football.

Have to admit that i am confused over this one, dispite the general view that VK's tackle was legit we kept on hearing that by the letter of the law it had to be a red. Given that this went to appeal and the FA stood by there position then surely this backs them into a corner.

if the ref claims he didn't see the incident fully e.g Ade's stamp on RVP then they have the remit to issue a retrospective ban. if he did see the incident clearly and decided not to give a red then he could not be following the guidelines and would then surely recieve some form of repremand.

Has anyone heard of any comment from the FA on the refs performance, given the focus on these two tackles you would expect some sort of clarrification.

pauldominic said:

Yes, I guess I am just repeating what has been said by several people. I think some of us don't agree on every aspect (I believe Johnson's lunge was far worse) but you are correct - it's the sheer injustice to Vincent and City that hurts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.