Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

abu13 said:
Have to admit that i am confused over this one, dispite the general view that VK's tackle was legit we kept on hearing that by the letter of the law it had to be a red. Given that this went to appeal and the FA stood by there position then surely this backs them into a corner.

if the ref claims he didn't see the incident fully e.g Ade's stamp on RVP then they have the remit to issue a retrospective ban. if he did see the incident clearly and decided not to give a red then he could not be following the guidelines and would then surely recieve some form of repremand.

Has anyone heard of any comment from the FA on the refs performance, given the focus on these two tackles you would expect some sort of clarrification.

I think the silence from the FA is what is so annoying, does anyone know if the FA receives any Government handouts? Because if they do there is a route to reform, we are not the only set of fans who are getting annoyed by them

Big Dave Watson said:
Ducado said:
You can complain to the FA here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs</a>

You also need to register with them first and get what they call a 'FAN' number.

I have emailed them twice, once about the VK decision and once asking them to explain the difference between the Johnson and VK tackles. Suffice to say that I have had no response.
I emailed the FA about the Evra elbow and Giggs tackle and got a reply from a Customer Relations Assistant - I thought it might be an auto-reply but I haven't had anything in response to my email asking for an explanation of the differences in Vinnie and Johnson's tackles. So perhaps someone filters messages based on the SUBJECT

mancboy123 said:
In the nfl the coaches get 2 challenges per half i believe once they are gone they are gone and you cannot make anymore challenges. Also every scoring play is reviewable.

For me that system would be fine. The Only real reason i can see for not using video technology is that it would highlight on an offical level how useless todays refs are there could be no more hiding from the FA, there could be no more the ref deemed it this way so there you go.

The problem with this is that the rules are so ambiguous it is ridiculous and the independent panel it turns out isnt that independent when it has friends of managers on there.

I have also thought about the "challenge" system, but you have to set ground rules about which events can be challenged. And, I'd think that a foul would not be something that can be challenged in this way. They aren't allowed to challenge them in the NFL, and for good reason.

What needs to happen, and I've said this before, is that instead of the head referee making a rash decision of handing out a red card (such as VK's incident), he/she needs to have a conference with the linesmen and the 4th official. Only then can you come to a unanimous conclusion about something as subjective as intent or severity of a tackle. This is something that works effectively in the NFL...except they have like...a billion referees on the field at a time because of how chaotic the nature of the game is.

Rocket Sauce said:
mancboy123 said:
In the nfl the coaches get 2 challenges per half i believe once they are gone they are gone and you cannot make anymore challenges. Also every scoring play is reviewable.

For me that system would be fine. The Only real reason i can see for not using video technology is that it would highlight on an offical level how useless todays refs are there could be no more hiding from the FA, there could be no more the ref deemed it this way so there you go.

The problem with this is that the rules are so ambiguous it is ridiculous and the independent panel it turns out isnt that independent when it has friends of managers on there.
I have also thought about the "challenge" system, but you have to set ground rules about which events can be challenged. And, I'd think that a foul would not be something that can be challenged in this way. They aren't allowed to challenge them in the NFL, and for good reason.

What needs to happen, and I've said this before, is that instead of the head referee making a rash decision of handing out a red card (such as VK's incident), he/she needs to have a conference with the linesmen and the 4th official. Only then can you come to a unanimous conclusion about something as subjective as intent or severity of a tackle. This is something that works effectively in the NFL...except they have like...a billion referees on the field at a time because of how chaotic the nature of the game is.

sin-bin
game continues
off-pitch video review (20/30/40 secs for most incidents)
off-pitch decision
player returns or not
straight back on if so

better that than losing a key player for several games from a shit ref's shit judgement

It's the inconsistency i find hard to swallow! The laws of the game have changed, 15 years ago VK's tackle would've been tackle of the season! Today, out of the 10/15 prem refs, maybe 5'd give a free kick, 3 play on, 3 yellow card, 2 red card! Not sure about the numbers, but am about the 4 different decisions from 1 tackle! Foy even admitted he'd got it wrong to Mancini, but the FA couldn't change the decision !

collie41 said:
It's the inconsistency i find hard to swallow! The laws of the game have changed, 15 years ago VK's tackle would've been tackle of the season! Today, out of the 10/15 prem refs, maybe 5'd give a free kick, 3 play on, 3 yellow card, 2 red card! Not sure about the numbers, but am about the 4 different decisions from 1 tackle! Foy even admitted he'd got it wrong to Mancini, but the FA couldn't change the decision !
When did he do that? If it was immediately after the match surely he could have amended his report!!

Bluekiwi said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Ducado said:
You can complain to the FA here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs</a>

You also need to register with them first and get what they call a 'FAN' number.

I have emailed them twice, once about the VK decision and once asking them to explain the difference between the Johnson and VK tackles. Suffice to say that I have had no response.
I emailed the FA about the Evra elbow and Giggs tackle and got a reply from a Customer Relations Assistant - I thought it might be an auto-reply but I haven't had anything in response to my email asking for an explanation of the differences in Vinnie and Johnson's tackles. So perhaps someone filters messages based on the SUBJECT

Can I have the email address. I am so fucked off. First Balotelli at the Dippers, then Gareth Barry at the other Dippers game and now Kompany. I am telling you now, that second yellow Barry got would never have happened if he played for the scum.

None of these incidents were red cards worthy. What the fuck is going on? This is jamming it up now. We're without Kompany and the other players aren't going to want to go into tackles for fear of being sent off.

FORNICATORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the game is reffed by human beings we will have these situations occurring and debated upon.

Refs make mistakes , some are on the take in various forms and some are just totally incompetent.

There is no point debating the two decisions however I heard Tolmie say Johnson has a case to answer and the ref has to justify what happened to their satisfaction but I haven't heard anymore about it since.

I would have thought by now the media would have reported the outcome of that by now unless of course the detail that had been passed onto Tolmie was incorrect.

Any update Tolmie??

mancity1 said:
As long as the game is reffed by human beings we will have these situations occurring and debated upon.

Refs make mistakes , some are on the take in various forms and some are just totally incompetent.

There is no point debating the two decisions however I heard Tolmie say Johnson has a case to answer and the ref has to justify what happened to their satisfaction but I haven't heard anymore about it since.

I would have thought by now the media would have reported the outcome of that by now unless of course the detail that had been passed onto Tolmie was incorrect.

Any update Tolmie??

Four sendings off in the space of a few weeks and all against the Big Four clubs. Coincidence? Just fuck off.

Pam said:
mancity1 said:

Any update Tolmie??

Four sendings off in the space of a few weeks and all against the Big Four clubs. Coincidence? Just fuck off.

I hope your not directing that last comment at me Pam?

I did say some refs are on the take and I for one thought all four sending offs were harsh perhaps Chelsea being the exception and that's not with blue tinted glasses on either.

In anycase the only thing I am interested in is whether Tolmies info was on the mark or whether he has found out since he was told a porky pie through his sources that's all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.