Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

Didn't think this deserved it's own thread, so hope no-one minds me posting it here.

But here is Adam Johnson, with decent shooting opportunity just outside the Liverpool box on about 47 minutes. Role model Gerrard steams in for a lovely tackle, totally focused on the ball, er not.

Not even a yellow. Hilarious.

never-a-yellow.gif

Compared to Barry's sending off for his 2nd yellow when he blocked off Agger.

The injustices are really hard to take aren't they.

Edit: Ref didn't see it, presumably, LOL. He's standing 4 feet away.

mancity1 said:
Pam said:
mancity1 said:
As long as the game is reffed by human beings we will have these situations occurring and debated upon.

Refs make mistakes , some are on the take in various forms and some are just totally incompetent.

There is no point debating the two decisions however I heard Tolmie say Johnson has a case to answer and the ref has to justify what happened to their satisfaction but I haven't heard anymore about it since.

I would have thought by now the media would have reported the outcome of that by now unless of course the detail that had been passed onto Tolmie was incorrect.

Any update Tolmie??

Four sendings off in the space of a few weeks and all against the Big Four clubs. Coincidence? Just fuck off.

I hope your not directing that last comment at me Pam?

I did say some refs are on the take and I for one thought all four sending offs were harsh perhaps Chelsea being the exception and that's not with blue tinted glasses on either.

In anycase the only thing I am interested in is whether Tolmies info was on the mark or whether he has found out since he was told a porky pie through his sources that's all.

No, just making a general point, here. We have been on the receiving end of way too many wrong decisions in way too short a time. I don't know the reason for this but I know it has to stop. We are NOT a dirty team. We are anything but. It is so frustrating.

Chippy_boy said:
Didn't think this deserved it's own thread, so hope no-one minds me posting it here.

But here is Adam Johnson, with decent shooting opportunity just outside the Liverpool box on about 47 minutes. Role model Gerrard steams in for a lovely tackle, totally focused on the ball, er not.

never-a-yellow.gif

Compared to Barry's sending off for his 2nd yellow when he blocked a player off (can't remember who).

Pretty sure it was Agger (The Barry booking).

In fairness to Stevie Starfish, the referee was nowhere near the Johnson incident and his vision was probably blocked, as I'm sure your GIF shows. Let me just take another look...

Oh.

P.S. Gerrard and Adam both got away with a number other fouls in the same game. As did Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Carroll etc.

DTeacher said:
Chippy_boy said:

never-a-yellow.gif

Compared to Barry's sending off for his 2nd yellow when he blocked a player off (can't remember who).

In fairness to Stevie Starfish, the referee was nowhere near the Johnson incident and his vision was probably blocked, as I'm sure your GIF shows. Let me just take another look...

Oh.

P.S. Gerrard and Adam both got away with a number other fouls in the same game. As did Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Carroll etc.

WTF was he thinking .. really?

DTeacher said:
Chippy_boy said:

never-a-yellow.gif

Oh.

I mean that is absolutely disgraceful isn't it. Bearing in mind it's a goalscoring opportunity at a critical point in the game, and the ref is staring at it and he decides that is not a yellow card offence. There can be only one word for it: BENT.

Pam said:
mancity1 said:
Pam said:
Four sendings off in the space of a few weeks and all against the Big Four clubs. Coincidence? Just fuck off.

I hope your not directing that last comment at me Pam?

I did say some refs are on the take and I for one thought all four sending offs were harsh perhaps Chelsea being the exception and that's not with blue tinted glasses on either.

In anycase the only thing I am interested in is whether Tolmies info was on the mark or whether he has found out since he was told a porky pie through his sources that's all.

No, just making a general point, here. We have been on the receiving end of way too many wrong decisions in way too short a time. I don't know the reason for this but I know it has to stop. We are NOT a dirty team. We are anything but. It is so frustrating.

I agree Pam and its frustrating RM to the point where he thinks it best not to turn up to the pre match conference because he knows the media will make him to be the whinger we all know he isn't.

I have watched a number of Wolves games throughout the season as well and I have no affiliation with them or any soft spot for them whatsoever and I have no doubt they have received a real raw deal from the refs this season and very few 50/50's have gone their way.

The non card for Gerrard shown above who because he is not as quick as he once was and has become nothing more now than a diver at best and a blocker at worst or visa versa when compared to Barry's second yellow is another example of how refs differently interpret like instances.

No doubt most refs would have given Gerrard a yellow card for this blatent foul.

I repeat some refs are on the take , some are incompetent and some are both.

For those who honestly believe that over the season things even themselves out , not only are you deluded but even if there is a modicum of truth in what you say it does nothing to improve the diminishing view the stakeholders of the game have of referees and their ability to do justice to the important role they have in the game not only on game day but outside the game as well.

When technology is introduced we will see a change for the better and believe it or not the standard of referring will improve.

Most decent refs are in favour of video technology being introduced into football because the speed of the game has passed even the most astute and honest of refs especially in the premier league by well and truly.

Chippy_boy said:
never-a-yellow.gif

DTeacher said:

Oh.

I mean that is absolutely disgraceful isn't it. Bearing in mind it's a goalscoring opportunity at a critical point in the game, and the ref is staring at it and he decides that is not a yellow card offence. There can be only one word for it: BENT.

It looks nearer the halfway line to me but the point about Liverpool getting away with several fouls (was even more blatant at Anfield in the 1-1 draw) remains.

DTeacher said:
Chippy_boy said:
never-a-yellow.gif

DTeacher said:

Oh.

It looks nearer the halfway line to me but the point about Liverpool getting away with several fouls (was even more blatant at Anfield in the 1-1 draw) remains.

I can see what you mean - and I can't work out the lines and what angle we are viewing it from - but it's 5 yards outside the box, I assure you.

Chippy_boy said:

never-a-yellow.gif

Compared to Barry's sending off for his 2nd yellow when he blocked off Agger.

Edit: Ref didn't see it, presumably, LOL. He's standing 4 feet away.
Jesus

Chippy_boy said:
I can see what you mean - and I can't work out the lines and what angle we are viewing it from - but it's 5 yards outside the box, I assure you.

I'm certainly not arguing as I fully concur with your thoughts on the foul - it's just that there is a line that seems to go right across (just behind the players) which looks like it is the halfway line. It can't be the box, otherwise that would be a penalty shout and the line goes too far across anyway. It is confusing but a minor point.

Actually, my family taped this match, so I'll take a look at the video when I get a minute!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.