Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

some decisions that come to mind;

Our pen - yes, pen for me. This stuff goes unpunished game after game, and perhaps we'll concede the odd one if similar standards are applied, but that was a pull on a player clearly going to be on the end of a cross. Stones was fouled at the same time.

Stones 'shove' on Hojlund - when Foden accidentally played Hojlund through, Stones tracked back and gave him a little shove before getting a toe on it. United fans claiming pen for this. For me not enough for a pen, but anymore force and it was. Also a more experienced striker would have left a leg in as Ederson took a big old swipe and missed.

City non pen - in the excellent build up play when Alvarez plays it wide and Silva dummies it out to Grealish and he flashes it across goal, Haaland is blatantly pulled to the floor by Maguire at the edge of the box - as much a pen as the one we got. Missed.

Foden/Amrabat bookings - should have let this go with final warnings.

Antony kick out - red all day, when a player simply lashes out directly at the player, it doesn't really matter how much force is involved anymore, as he's lost his head and deliberately targeted the man. Red all day. very lucky.

Last edited:
Whistle goes for last free kick of the match and Maguire launches the ball away. Obvious yellow card but not given for any other reason than sympathy from the ref for a player and team that had been absolutely humiliated.

Ruined the game for me!

some decisions that come to mind;

Our pen - yes, pen for me. This stuff goes unpunished game after game, and perhaps we'll concede the odd one if similar standards are applied, but that was a pull on a player clearly going to be on the end of a cross. Stones was fouled at the same time.

Stones 'shove' on Hojlund - when Foden accidentally played Hojlund through, Stones tracked back and gave him a little shove before getting a toe on it. United fans claiming pen for this. For me not enough for a pen, but anymore force and it was. Also a more experienced striker would have left a leg in as Ederson took a big old swipe and missed.

City non pen - in the excellent build up play when Alvarez plays it wide and Silva dummies it out to Grealish and he flashes it across goal, Haaland is blatantly pulled to the floor by Maguire at the edge of the box - as much a pen as the one we got. Missed.

Foden/Amrabat bookings - should have let this go with final warnings.

Antony kick out - red all day, when a player simply lashes out directly at the player, it doesn't really matter how much force is involved anymore, as he's lost his head and deliberately targeted the man. Red all day. very lucky.

The Stones Hojlund incident would have been ruled out by VAR imo if given as Amrabat shoved Foden in the back which was the only reason he misplaced his pass.

I rewatched the game again and Fernandes should've probably had about 5 yellow cards before finally picking one up in injury time. Had numerous swipes at our players as they ran past him and that petulance when he stood about 3 yards away from a free kick and refused to move (wasting their own time) was just ridiculous.

It’s always easy to give refs a free pass in the afterglow of a wonderful victory but this freaky looking weirdo’s performance was little short of disgraceful once again.

Firstly, he didn’t give us the pen we got (thanks to Oliver for that) nor one we should’ve had for an even more obvious bout of wrestling in the box by Harry M

He’d have run out of red cards if he’d sent Bruno off the correct amount of times, he got away with murder all game - bundling Jack into touch with a cowardly elbow in the ribs when they went up for a header, various niggly fouls, constant dissent, encroachment etc etc

Evans hacks Jack down as he skips past him into the box - no yellow card, wtf

Antony could’ve been sent off twice in a minute for his nonsense with Doku late on, why wasn’t the linesman keeping an eye on that.

All round another incompetent display

Have a look at that free kick for Erling at the end of the game, if that’s 10 yards then I’ve got a very large cock (which I haven’t!).

Also there was a free kick we had where 2 rags were stood within 3 yards of the ball so we didn’t take the free kick, fucking Tierney rather than doing his job and getting the rags back he gave us the hurry up and I think was about to reach for a yellow AGAINST US had we not rushed it.

These guys can’t even get the basic rules right

Dipper Lover Craig Pawson again for us Saturday, just a few weeks after he failed to send off the Wolves match winner v us, then back on Dipper var duty the day after, just after his biased performance for the Dippers v Everton inc the non 2nd yellow for the Dipper defender.
2 recent games involving us and the Dippers he failed to officiate to the rules and suddenly, very shortly after involved in both our games yet again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.