Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Awful.

Not just the inept following of the rule book, but that crap right at the end was disgraceful.

Seems none of the officials know how the rules.

Book Jack, but dont book them booting the ball in the crowd.

Countless rash challenges, nothing.

I've not seen any interviews after the game, but I'd certainly be asking about the officiating last night.

Also, 've said this now for the last 2/3 years, letting the game carry on when it's a clear offside before raising the flag after there's been a challenge for the ball (usually keeper and attacker)

Someone is going to get seriously hurt if they don't sort this out soon. And it's no doubt going to be a keeper getting hurt

Kinnell, magliar dragged the players back, left, right and centre the other day, time after time, The ref just looked at him and said ' Harry' apologetically. Eventually he had to card him. It's obvious the City player's have been targeted, especially Rodri. Bent as fook.
Come on Rodri committed a professional /tactical foul definite yellow
However the pull back on Akanji for the last seconds penalty shout was deemed not forceful enough there was the same pull more or less ( probably less) on Allison for the disallowed goal v Liverpool

Couple of observations from yesterday. There was the offside incident in the first half where the linesman let play continue with players chasing back and Ederson forced to dive at the guys feet despite the player being clearly yards offside when he received the ball. Hooper then tried to play advantage after a foul (on Akanji I think) despite us being deep in our own half and facing towards our own goal, Akanji did the grabbing hold of the ball thing and made him award the foul. The advantage would’ve been to Spurs. Then the Haaland/Grealish one is inexplicable. Is it ‘corruption’? Maybe not that deep but it’s hard not to think there isn’t a general sense of bad feeling towards the club given the press we’re getting and that, whether consciously or subconsciously, is filtering through to the way we’re being refereed.

Couple of observations from yesterday. There was the offside incident in the first half where the linesman let play continue with players chasing back and Ederson forced to dive at the guys feet despite the player being clearly yards offside when he received the ball. Hooper then tried to play advantage after a foul (on Akanji I think) despite us being deep in our own half and facing towards our own goal, Akanji did the grabbing hold of the ball thing and made him award the foul. The advantage would’ve been to Spurs. Then the Haaland/Grealish one is inexplicable. Is it ‘corruption’? Maybe not that deep but it’s hard not to think there isn’t a general sense of bad feeling towards the club given the press we’re getting and that, whether consciously or subconsciously, is filtering through to the way we’re being refereed.
The Ederson one - until the rules are changed will happen .How many times have we seen a blatant offside play continues a goal is scored and wait!
It wasn’t off at all - goal!
Akanji -yes I agree however City do like to play advantage no matter which way we are facing
Haaland/Grealish- Massive error
Being targeted I’m not to sure?
Incompetent yes
If we are being targeted what about Wolves ? The Liverpool goal v Spurs chalked off etc etc

Grealish being caught does not even enter the equation. The fact is, the referee stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity, when the Laws he is applying say he should allow play to continue. He's breaking his own laws.

It does in the conversation I was having that that reply was to, I didn’t suggest at any stage it did enter the equation around the decision.

I'd like to agree but I seem to recall a couple of instances where Liverpool players kicked the ball away last weekend and escaped a yellow card, but we received one for the same offence yesterday.
Perhaps we're seeing a lack of consistency among referees, perhaps we only remember incidents that go against us, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest we're getting the shitty end of the stick.
Three important calls in the FA Cup final spring to mind.
Until we get more transparency from the Premier league and pgmol thr conspiracy theories will always be around. I totally understand fans frustrations with the bad standard of officiating but I just can't bring myself to see it as a conspiracy.

He clearly doesnt blow initially. What do some people see…!? Haaland clearly didnt take a free kick/moving ball which you have made up from somewhere. I suggest you watch the clip from Sky again who clearly demostrate when he blew. Ive taken a still from the video to help educate you!!
my bad. Referee is a cheating twat.

Anyone see forests none pen v everton over the weekend?
The everton defender was looking away from where the corner was take , had hold of the forest players shirt and had his arms wrapped round him. A 100% pen. No doubt.
Var said it wasnt enough. Was that corruption in evertons favour? The same everton that the league has just fucked over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.