Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

The Ederson one - until the rules are changed will happen .How many times have we seen a blatant offside play continues a goal is scored and wait!
It wasn’t off at all - goal!
Akanji -yes I agree however City do like to play advantage no matter which way we are facing
Haaland/Grealish- Massive error
Being targeted I’m not to sure?
Incompetent yes
If we are being targeted what about Wolves ? The Liverpool goal v Spurs chalked off etc etc
Regarding "massive error", so what was the error? He accidently watched the advantage being played, saw Jack advancing towards goal, then accidentally put the whistle to his mouth and blew. Dude, come on!

The only way the talk of a bent decision goes away is for pgmol to issue a statement detailing exactly why he chose that course of action and it makes some sort of sense (even if people disagree with it). The fact is, they won't be able to because there were just too many conscious decisions made by the ref during that course of events for anything to have been done accidently.

Last edited:
Awful.

Not just the inept following of the rule book, but that crap right at the end was disgraceful.

Seems none of the officials know how the rules.

Book Jack, but dont book them booting the ball in the crowd.

Countless rash challenges, nothing.

I've not seen any interviews after the game, but I'd certainly be asking about the officiating last night.

Also, 've said this now for the last 2/3 years, letting the game carry on when it's a clear offside before raising the flag after there's been a challenge for the ball (usually keeper and attacker)

Someone is going to get seriously hurt if they don't sort this out soon. And it's no doubt going to be a keeper getting hurt
The players definitely weren't pleased about the ref, but so far it looks like they and Pep stayed the right side of getting an FA charge. It was a joke yesterday.

I don't, however, agree with the last bit - and really not sure why it's become such a talking point. All the commentators seem to talk about it as if it's a tragedy waiting to happen.

Footballers are challenging, tackling and fouling each other all the time - what's so precious about this particular scenario, that makes it more important than a chance to score a goal, which is pretty much the whole point of the game. We know assistants get close offsides wrong all the time, so if they're only 75% sure, then let it go, and let the players take a chance - just as they are happy to do during the rest of the match.

The Ederson one - until the rules are changed will happen .How many times have we seen a blatant offside play continues a goal is scored and wait!
It wasn’t off at all - goal!
Akanji -yes I agree however City do like to play advantage no matter which way we are facing
Haaland/Grealish- Massive error
Being targeted I’m not to sure?
Incompetent yes
If we are being targeted what about Wolves ? The Liverpool goal v Spurs chalked off etc etc
The Liverpool goal vs Spurs was an absolute fuck up of monumental proportions as revealed by the audio
That Grealish decision yesterday was a referee influencing a game

Agree with the above regarding anyone claiming he

Regarding "massive error", so what was the error? He accidently watched the advantage being played, saw Jack advancing towards goal, then accidentally put the whistle to his mouth and blew. Dude, come on!

The only way the talk of a bent decision goes away is for pgmol to issue a statement detailing exactly why he chose that course of action.and it makes some sort of sense (even if people disagree with it). The fact is, they won't be able to because there were just too many conscious decisions made by the ref during that course of events for anything to have been done accidently.
I’ve no idea I didn’t make the decision and it’s not explained by the referee
Maybe he thought Jack was offside so whistled and gave us the free kick
Granted he should’ve waited a split second longer and decided
If you’re saying it’s corruption how does that work ?
Is an instruction issued to the referee by the PL ?
If so who knows ? It would surely be leaked by someone
Lastly if it’s anti City corruption can you explain the Liverpool and Wolves decisions you’ve chosen to ignore ?

I’ve no idea I didn’t make the decision and it’s not explained by the referee
Maybe he thought Jack was offside so whistled and gave us the free kick
Granted he should’ve waited a split second longer and decided
If you’re saying it’s corruption how does that work ?
Is an instruction issued to the referee by the PL ?
If so who knows ? It would surely be leaked by someone
Lastly if it’s anti City corruption can you explain the Liverpool and Wolves decisions you’ve chosen to ignore ?
He didn't whistle for offside, you quite clearly haven't seen all the evidence

Couple of observations from yesterday. There was the offside incident in the first half where the linesman let play continue with players chasing back and Ederson forced to dive at the guys feet despite the player being clearly yards offside when he received the ball. Hooper then tried to play advantage after a foul (on Akanji I think) despite us being deep in our own half and facing towards our own goal, Akanji did the grabbing hold of the ball thing and made him award the foul. The advantage would’ve been to Spurs. Then the Haaland/Grealish one is inexplicable. Is it ‘corruption’? Maybe not that deep but it’s hard not to think there isn’t a general sense of bad feeling towards the club given the press we’re getting and that, whether consciously or subconsciously, is filtering through to the way we’re being refereed.
100 %

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.