Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I was at the match and watched sky and bbc last night
I’ve seen it - no idea why he whistled he was wrong simple as
Like I say I wasn’t the decision maker and can’t tell you what he was thinking
Nor can you
Why was it corrupt ? Explain that ?
Well then you know that he whistled ONCE after he allowed play to go on...nobody can make as bad a decision as that for a so called top referee...so what's left ?

You want the PL to take action against a player who scored against us and put his finger on his lips to the City fans? Seriously if that's what we are coming to then the rest will fall on deaf ears as we just sound like whining children.
Doesn't bother me that, we give him shit, he gives it back...no problem

I never once hinted at a motive (i.e - corruption), what I said was, it can't have been an accident as he made too many conscious decisions to stop our attack. That is why pgmol have to explain why he made those decisions.
I think conscious decisions might be overstating it.

The tackle happens, and he moved to blow the whistle. Haaland unexpectedly gets up, and he changes his mind, motioning for play to move on. This happens in about 1.5 seconds. Haaland plays the ball, and he changes his mind and has decided to blow before the ball gets across the half way line. That last bit happens in less than half a second.

I suspect he's seen Jack with three players around him, and has made the mistake of thinking it's just not going to reach him, so blows up. By the time he whistles, something like a quarter of a second after beginning the motion that he's going to, the ball is with Jack.

Imagine if any of us had to decide on a foul, put a whistle to our mouths, make a decision on playing on, motioning to play on, and then weighing up whether to blow - knowing that if he left it too long the Spurs players would complain. All in front of 50,000 people, millions on TV, and in a high pressure, adrenaline fuelled match. The rule for advantage used to involve two arms, but was changed so one is allowed, because it was needed so quickly and it wasn't physically possible for refs to move their bodies in the time. All in about a second from the first non-whistle, to the actual whistle. Most of us would probably have tripped over our own feet, as our brains tried to work out what to do.

Yes, we expect the best referees to be able to make very quick decisions, but I see it as three in a very short space of time, and it looks to me like he's just been too hasty under pressure.

The tackle happens, and he moved to blow the whistle. Haaland unexpectedly gets up, and he changes his mind, motioning for play to move on. This happens in about 1.5 seconds. Haaland plays the ball, and he changes his mind and has decided to blow before the ball gets across the half way line. That last bit happens in less than half a second.

I suspect he's seen Jack with three players around him, and has made the mistake of thinking it's just not going to reach him, so blows up. By the time he whistles, something like a quarter of a second after beginning the motion that he's going to, the ball is with Jack.

Imagine if any of us had to decide on a foul, put a whistle to our mouths, make a decision on playing on, motioning to play on, and then weighing up whether to blow - knowing that if he left it too long the Spurs players would complain. All in front of 50,000 people, millions on TV, and in a high pressure, adrenaline fuelled match. The rule for advantage used to involve two arms, but was changed so one is allowed, because it was needed so quickly and it wasn't physically possible for refs to move their bodies in the time. All in about a second from the first non-whistle, to the actual whistle. Most of us would probably have tripped over our own feet, as our brains tried to work out what to do.

Yes, we expect the best referees to be able to make very quick decisions, but I see it as three in a very short space of time, and it looks to me like he's just been too hasty under pressure.
Sorry that's bullshit mate, he can bring the game back if Jack didn't get it, why blow?

No ones answering. In that split second he gave that decision, how was it corrupt? Was he ordered prior to the game to fuck us over? Was it an instruction in his ear piece ? Rather than just shouting CORRUPT, how do YOU think its corrupt
If he had blown his whistle after the foul on Haaland, then watched Haaland put Grealish through, and at that point shout "Play on, advantage", and indicating with his arms, would this have been a correct decision? Obviously not.

But he did a very similar thing. He played advantage, which was the decision for the foul situation. That decision is then final for that act, and it is not possible on footballing law to change that decision.

It wasn't a split second mistake, it was a conscious choice to change a decision already made. There was no footballing reason to change the decision of advantage that had already been made.

Any decent ref lets the play run for a few seconds. The fact he blew the whistle so quickly and wrongly is down to one person, himself. He didn’t have to blow the whistle, if he “panics under pressure” he’s in the wrong job. Sack the ****

Top ref lets the game carry, if Jack is caught he brings the game back.
If Jack is off-side VAR will check it

I really dont understand his decision yesterday. Again some close off-side the linesman flag is straight up !. Some clearly off-side by a couple of yards the flag stays down, which leads to spuds getting a corner.

Well then you know that he whistled ONCE after he allowed play to go on...nobody can make as bad a decision as that for a so called top referee...so what's left ?
I’ve no idea pal
For me and it’s only my personal opinion
VAR has brought in another level is subjectivity
VAR in the Premier League doesn’t seem to work as well as in Europe (takes far too long)- apart from Newcastle last week
People have suggested ex- players
Again I’m not sure that works
The problem hasn’t got an easy solution
There didn’t seem to be this problem years ago
However perhaps there was it’s just that TV phones and slow mo replays highlights the issue more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.