Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

1) It was a terrible decision.

2) The reaction by our players was unacceptable.

3) These two views can both be true

Yesterday, the U15 match where I was a lino was halted (& then restarted) because of foul language and allegations of corruption directed at the ref and linesmen by players. It doesn't need to be this way - but I believe that the standard set by the Premier League players cascades to lower levels and junior football. Sadly I'd support sanctions against our players

Why would an under 15 game's players be shouting about corruption at the officials in an amateur kids game, it makes no sense. They might contest decisions, that's been the same since I started kicking a football about. Football is an emotional competitive sport and those emotions can be highly charged and erupt at any second. No amount of rules, sanctions and role models will alter that.

While I wish our players controlled themselves a bit more that's only because I don't want them to be banned. Some of the shit decisions we're on the end of the officials deserve every bit of shit that comes their way. Hooper yesterday got off lightly. If he'd done that against Liverpool there would have been uproar and demands for him to be sacked. There was no logical reason for what he did yesterday, none, except to stop us from winning the game.

Its a fucking disgrace we have been charged, our reaction was totally normal given the circumstance.
Why not put the effort into looking into why their officials are so shit and corrupt.
Ref fucks us over, we react, ref carries on as normal with no apology to the club, we get fined.

I hope the club pleads not guilty and demand an explanation to the extremely weird (at best) officiating to blow after he clearly indicated play on/advantage

Last edited:
I thought Allison was very lucky but it’s always been a higher bar when it’s an attacking team against a goalkeeper than there is a defender vs an attacker to be fair, I don’t think they’re really comparables.
Agreed both very soft - all anyone wants is consistency across the league
VAR doesn’t seem to work as well as in Europe (Newcastle disagree)
The handball rule is now a joke
They need to remember it’s ultimately an entertainment business

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.