Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Two chances refers to making a decision and sticking with it.

Which is what IFAB stipulates and what the ref failed to do.

Two chances refers to the opportunities you give the attacking team, as in you can’t give them it. You can still signal and employ wait and see, there’s nothing anywhere in the rules that says they can’t.

He didn’t let play through enough to ascertain whether allowing advantage to play through was the right call or not.

Well why did you bring up the one decision that has gone in our favour?
Why - read the whole thread I brought it up as an example of why the referee wasn’t corrupt just useless
Loads of them FFS just too many choose to believe a certain narrative
Here goes
Newcastle penalty against PSG
Newcastle goal against Arsenal
Liverpool disallowed goal v Spurs
Wolves goal v everyone and RB specifically

I’m taking about balance
Are you a scouse rat ?
Do you go to City games ?
Just asking and FYI I can bring up what I like

1) It was a terrible decision.

2) The reaction by our players was unacceptable.

3) These two views can both be true

Yesterday, the U15 match where I was a lino was halted (& then restarted) because of foul language and allegations of corruption directed at the ref and linesmen by players. It doesn't need to be this way - but I believe that the standard set by the Premier League players cascades to lower levels and junior football. Sadly I'd support sanctions against our players

I completely agree. It wasn't a given that Grealish would score. That just represented wider frustration that they have to harness and suck up. We should have won that game, the ref's decision isn't the reason we didn't. I was also disappointed to see Akanji pretty much dive to try and win a late penalty after that. If we're stooping to those levels we might as well play in red.

Kids across the country watch these games and imitate behaviour. Parents do too.

I personally think it's time that the ref's were mic'd up and only the captains can talk to them without punishment. We need to see more dismissal's like Dunk's against Forest where he's not cooled his head and is sent off. Otherwise who the fuck is going to want to be an official?

I see City are to get no apology and there are to be no sanctions taken on the ref. Clearly there is no three strikes and out regulation for referees.
I don’t care about an apology if I’m honest it doesn’t bring back the potential goal chance or points
We just need to move on use it to create our infamous siege mentality and beat everyone as usual

The bald little bastard had the perfect opportunity to put it right. Penalty.

It would have been a fairly soft penalty on Akanji but no different then Haalands at the swamp.

Mistakes/accidents happen. I get it. But no effort to rectify his mistake was criminal.

They got what they wanted out of the result which was a title race.

1) It was a terrible decision.

2) The reaction by our players was unacceptable.

3) These two views can both be true

Yesterday, the U15 match where I was a lino was halted (& then restarted) because of foul language and allegations of corruption directed at the ref and linesmen by players. It doesn't need to be this way - but I believe that the standard set by the Premier League players cascades to lower levels and junior football. Sadly I'd support sanctions against our players
Agree with all of that. My lad has started reffing and I'm going to watch to make sure he's ok. Shouldn't need to do that, but the attitude of parents and coaches (more so than the parents) means I feel like he needs a guardian (despite being 18 now and bigger than me). It was like that through all the years he's played with some coaches acting like it was the World Cup Final, not an u14 game in the 3rd tier of a kid's league.

The ref was terrible yesterday and that decision at the end was an utter joke that prevented a goal scoring opportunity - a player would have been sent off for doing what he did. That doesn't allow players, including ours, to surround the ref and shout at him. I'd lost my rag in the stands as well, but on the pitch, football need to get much more like rugby.

We were lucky a few didn't get reds yesterday and there may still be some sanctions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.