Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

So, applying the same logic to the Rashford goal last season.

He didn’t interfere with Ederson. If he hadn’t been there it would still have gone in Ederson was rigid on the spot.

This is clearly a nonsense as both Rodri and Rashford did change how the keepers tried to save the shots.

Had Rodri not have been there, Henderson would have simply caught the ball.
Rashford ran thirty yards guarding the ball he interred with the actions of Akanji and Ederson of that there is no doubt only Atwell thought otherwise There is no logical connection

Rodri didn’t have proximity with the ball at any time
Henderson messed up, lost the flight of the ball never moved

As already said, it was weak as piss from Silva who rather than getting rid of the ball turned back into trouble and threw himself to the ground.

The easy test is if the roles were reversed, would the posters on here who claim it was a foul accept the penalty being chalked off. Obviously no, it would be ‘bent’, ‘cheats’ etc etc.
It was a definite foul..could see it clearly from SS3..wasn't weak as piss either but it was something that would 100% be given against us.
Did you have a clearer view from where you were sat

Not strictly City related but not really one for the VAR thread either.

But we now have had more straight red cards ( 18 ) before the end of round 17, than in the whole of the Premier League last season ( 17 )

Interesting.

Rashford ran thirty yards guarding the ball he interred with the actions of Akanji and Ederson of that there is no doubt only Atwell thought otherwise There is no logical connection

Rodri didn’t have proximity with the ball at any time
Henderson messed up, lost the flight of the ball never moved
He was literally inches under the ball. He ducked to avoid it hitting his head.

The keeper could only react after he did that.

He was literally inches under the ball. He ducked to avoid it hitting his head.

The keeper could only react after he did that.
I think the keeper was never gonna get a fingernail on the ball regardless of what happened in front of him. The law seems to be that if yer move or are within spitting distance of the goalie then yer fair game for VAR to fuck you over. What never seems to make the slightest difference to the VAR decision is whether the goalie had a snowflake in hell's chance of saving it.

It was a definite foul..could see it clearly from SS3..wasn't weak as piss either but it was something that would 100% be given against us.
Did you have a clearer view from where you were sat
Absolutely a foul. Look at the Palace goal that was disallowed last weak against Liverpool or our goal for the ‘foul’ on Alison. 100% a foul.

I think the keeper was never gonna get a fingernail on the ball regardless of what happened in front of him. The law seems to be that if yer move or are within spitting distance of the goalie then yer fair game for VAR to fuck you over. What never seems to make the slightest difference to the VAR decision is whether the goalie had a snowflake in hell's chance of saving it.
That’s a valid opinion and one we will never know one way or t’other.

I think it was quite a clear cut example of an offside player interfering with play. It was given on field and checked quickly as it was so obvious.

That’s a valid opinion and one we will never know one way or t’other.

I think it was quite a clear cut example of an offside player interfering with play. It was given on field and checked quickly as it was so obvious.
Was it Rodri's head that touched the ball? I couldn't see whose head touched it, or whether it was a defender, but how many times are we told that a goal stands because the offside player didn't play the ball. One week it's a goal, the next week (our goal) it's offside. I still maintain that Henderson had a chance of saving it had he a left arm that was two metres long!

Last edited:
Was it Rodri's head that touched the ball? I couldn't see whose head touched it, or whether it was a defender, but how many times are we told that a goal stands because the offside player didn't play the ball. One week it's a goal, the next week (our gaol) it's offside. I still maintain that Henderson had a chance of saving it had he a left arm that was two metres long!
Rodri didn’t touch it for the Alvarez free kick that was disallowed.

Had he not been there, Henderson would have moved to his left and caught the ball when it arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.