Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

My guess is that Foden was thinking about the bollocking he was about to get for losing the ball in the centre circle to start that passage of play and was doing his best to rectify it, but made it worse.
All started with Ederson’s ridiculous kick in to touch. Foden was the main guilty party in all of it though. A complete comedy of errors.

All started with Ederson’s ridiculous kick in to touch. Foden was the main guilty party in all of it though. A complete comedy of errors.
I wasn’t trying to dig Foden out. I was just trying to get in his head and work out why he did what he did.

Mistakes happen all the time.

Pep was really unhappy with Ederson when he picked his manager out with a pass!

I wasn’t trying to dig Foden out. I was just trying to get in his head and work out why he did what he did.

Mistakes happen all the time.

Pep was really unhappy with Ederson when he picked his manager out with a pass!
Yeah. Especially given stones wasn’t ready to come on!

Foden will have to learn from that. It was very poor.

Being offside from a free kick was his biggest crime

Well, going to try and head it was. Had he been offside and not anywhere near the ball then he’d have been ok.

Personally I’m not a fan of that either, but there’s more than enough to benefit the attacking side nowadays without also allowing them to go to try and play the ball when in an offside position.

Hell this thread is getting spammed to glory.
Sadly it's gone the same way as the Var thread and again sadly, its working as I'm going to give it a swerve.

i find it amazing people are trying to argue the Alvarez/Rodri disallowed goal should have stood!!

i do, however, have a bit of a gripe with the 'foul'/pull on Bernie before the pen.

i find it amazing people are trying to argue the Alvarez/Rodri disallowed goal should have stood!!

i do, however, have a bit of a gripe with the 'foul'/pull on Bernie before the pen.
Agree with the first point, as Rodri quite clearly had an impact on the outcome with his actions (there's a Pep word for you) right in front of their keeper.
Not too sure about the foul on Bernardo, personally I think it would have been a bit harsh to give that. Having said that it was no more or no less a foul than the one on the Liverpool keeper where our goal was ruled out , also potentially costing us 2 points!
It was frustrating though that the benefit of the doubt went the other way both times.

There was no pull on his shirt, hands touched that's all.
You mean, just like there was no push on the liverpool keeper, a hand simply appeared to be on his shoulder due to the angle and frame used? Or are you being serious?

There is a pull of the arm and shirt, at which point Bernardo is pretty much stopped from moving forward.
100% a foul.

...pretty much all of the football community have seen it and moved on.
...and that, in a nutshell, shows you the power that the media wield.
THEY control the narrative and decide which contentious decisions are highlighted and talked about.

Does it not spark any of your synapses that the prevailing pattern is that a "slight error which is good for City" results in week-long discussions, whilst "slight error which is bad for City" generally ends with the situation you outlined in your post?

I don’t really understand what you are saying here?

The goal was disallowed on field for offside, interfering with play. The VAR will have looked at it once to make sure Rodri was offside, which he was to the naked eye, so no need for lines.

Then it can see he’s moved across the flight of the ball and impacted Henderson’s movement.

Check quickly complete.
just like the Rushforward goal, oh, wait... ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.