Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Gallagher’s position is essentially that the referee, having told Casemiro he would be booked if he committed a fourth foul, then booking him for that fourth foul, at which point Casemiro was presumably warned that any further fouling would result in a second booking, should have taken Casemiro aside on the fifth foul and told him that he was in danger of being booked again if he made another foul or two.

Could have saved everyone the time reading his convoluted defence and just said he thought the referee was employing the well-established ‘James Milner in Red’ method of totting up.

Agreed on the inconsistencies. It’s what makes all fans mad, but until refs are AI, decisions for the same tackle will be seen differently. The referee doesn’t have the knowledge or time to refer to a tackle made a year ago. It’s purely given by what and how they see it.

It's pure coincidence that City suffer from those inconsistencies.

Human errors. Not.

Look at this screenshot of the 'handball', why no comment about Dias not being able to jump because he's being pulled down by the knob who handles the ball and is also fouled by the other defender jumping on him.

1708372768961.pngTo be fair to Madley, his view of the incident is completely obscured... presumably by his myopic attitude to giving any decisions in our favour!

Last edited:
View attachment 107557To be fair to Madley, his view of the incident is completely obscured... presumably by his myopic attitude to giving any decisions in our favour!
Madley cheated from minute one. vile ****, but, wtf can we do when the club does nothing to stop it? It’s gone on for years, but we have to keep stum because you cannot accuse a cheat of cheating. Well I say fuck that, the club should haul Webb in and read him the riot act, let him know nasty things happen to dishonest bastards. Old school Maine Road style, like when Franny would batter anyone who took liberties during the game under the Main Stand at full time.

View attachment 107557To be fair to Madley, his view of the incident is completely obscured... presumably by his myopic attitude to giving any decisions in our favour!

Thing is. If the ref cant see the defender pulling Dias shirt which causes the defender to handball and pushing the ball away than VAR should have.

With all the tools the officials have I dont understand how it isnt a penalty.

Shirt pulling a player down = penalty

Shirt pulling a player down causing his arm to hit the ball = penalty

Shirt pulling a player down causing his arm to hit the ball than to move the ball away = penalties

I get told it's not bent but what other explanation is there ?

I'm at the end of my tether now. I can't understand why the club isn't coming out about the recent reffing decisions. Matches are just ruined for me at the moment because all I seem to focus on is reffing and VAR because I am convinced we are being done over by the FA/Prem league/PGMOL/SKY, or maybe a combination.

I have just watched Ref Watch and I was convinced that there would be reference to the shirt pulling in the handball decision that wasn't given but it was not mentioned at all. All they are focusing on is it not being handball and the fact that it is based on recent decisions but they were wrong too, not by the letter of the law but because it was unfair. So f**k constancy, let's get it right now - forget the letter of the law, forget previous decisions and consistency. Why? Because it's City FFS.

Look at this screenshot of the 'handball', why no comment about Dias not being able to jump because he's being pulled down by the knob who handles the ball and is also fouled by the other defender jumping on him.

View attachment 107512
Have to say I feel the same way. I'm not watching the game on TV or even the highlights when I get home as the VAR decisions will just put me on a downer. That the first time I've seen that shot, ŵhow did that prat Madley not see the shirt pull and the clear handball? It's just inconceivable that he didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.