Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Sounds nothing like corruption. Bloke doesn’t like another bloke because he doesn’t like him.

Are posters in here corrupt because they don’t like what I say?

It makes him a shit referee, not corrupt.
I agree with you, that's not an example of corruption. As a referee, you might naturally go against players that give you a hard time.

Corruption is hard to identify and prove. There is bias though, and there certainly is incompetence. If incompetence favours the same clubs over a long time, and discriminates against the same clubs over a long time, then you have to ask if they're is anything more to it.

Sounds nothing like corruption. Bloke doesn’t like another bloke because he doesn’t like him.

I am assuming the PGMOL rulebook says referees should referee fairly and in accordance with the LOTG, not how they feel towards the players. So, of course, a referee being able to send someone off unchecked because it makes his life easier is a corruption of the process. In the same way, if I may say so, home advantage continually being given to Liverpool and United, unconscious or not, is a corruption of the process if it isn't corrected.

If you mean financial corruption, who knows with Clattenburg? I wouldn't trust anything he says.

Have you examples of similar handball incidents been flagged up by the VAR this season.

It’s not a loaded question I’m genuinely interested.

Because according to the ESPN guy who closely monitors all VAR decisions, he reckons only five penalties have been given on the suggestion of a VAR this season. And all five of them have been when the arm has been well away from the body. Either up high near head height or well out at the side.

He claims in instances like this where the ball has hit a hand/ arm close to the body, 100% of decisions have stuck with the onfield decision.
Ask the ESPN guy if he can remember a bad decision going our way against Dipperpool and being allowed to stand? Give him the last fifty years to go at. (We did get an offside given against Sterling when he was onside at the Etihad a few years ago, the only one I can remember)

I agree with you, that's not an example of corruption. As a referee, you might naturally go against players that give you a hard time.

Corruption is hard to identify and prove. There is bias though, and there certainly is incompetence. If incompetence favours the same clubs over a long time, and discriminates against the same clubs over a long time, then you have to ask if they're is anything more to it.

Bias and incompetence, if uncorrected, are a corruption of the refereeing process.

They can hide a multitude of actions that can influence results and, if there is no confidence in the process, there can be no confidence in the results. Which is what happens.

Shit referees make shit decisions against all teams, should be 50/50. We certainly haven't received our share of that 50% yet.
Uriah Rennie was the epitome of shit, he didn't discriminate, he was just shit.

The VAR fella tonight, Michael Salisbury, has the potential to be the worst referee of all time. Not seen him have one decent match (ever) and his VAR decisions have been as bad. You have been warned for tonight.

Shit referees make shit decisions against all teams, should be 50/50. We certainly haven't received our share of that 50% yet.
Uriah Rennie was the epitome of shit, he didn't discriminate, he was just shit.
Refereeing corruption is the equivalent of ”wokeness”.

Both are derogatory descriptions of things people don’t like, but neither can be defined properly and are used freely on social media.

Now I’ve had this thought, it clarifies things for me.

An official knowingly making an incorrect decision with potential game changing consequences, in a £Multi-Billion industry isn't corruption?

If it was unconscious bias then you might have a point, but Clattenberg made a conscious decision to fcuk the player over because he didn't like him... and he ADMITTED so.

If you're using corrupt as a verb rather than an adjective I'd argue that his (perceived self) status and the "unquestionability-culture" of refereeing decision making, have 100% corrupted him.

He has been corrupted by power.

If you're using corrupt as a verb rather than an adjective I'd argue that his (perceived self) status and the "unquestionability-culture" of refereeing decision making, have 100% corrupted him.

He has been corrupted by power.
My follow up reply clarifies what I feel now. It’s just frustrated people shouting a term to voice their unhappiness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.