Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Clattenburg is a fool. He should have cautioned Bellamy for dissent, and dismissed him if he gave dissent again. Criticising Bellamy for being obnoxious doesn't wash when in the same breath you admit that you deliberately bent the laws when dealing with him.

This incident, in the derby game City were losing and in the last few minutes the ball went out of play and there was an exchange of words between Clattenburg and Barry, apparently initiated by Clattenburg. Rather than call the referee’s attention to it at the time he waited until after the game and made a complaint under the bringing the game into disrepute regulations. Barry was suspended for one game, which just happened to be against Clattenburg’s beloved Newcastle.

Sorry, I didn't think I was replying to the Clattenburg revelations, just generally. Also, it seemed we were talking about corruption in terms of bribery, which as I say, is difficult to prove. I don't think there is that level of corruption in our game. There may be, or may have been instances of it, but I don't think we have Italian style match fixing on our hands.

I've made a separate comment detailing my thoughts on Clattenburg.
I think there is, but not in the traditional sense.

The PL was set up to make money from the game, alongside a very lucrative TV deal (BSkyB). Viewers were promised an 'entertaining' competition, without which the 'product' would be come stale and uninteresting, therefore not realising maximum profits.

People are naive in thinking certain situations aren't being manipulated in order to keep things interesting for the worldwide paying customers.

Why not look it up as you seem not to know the definition. It doesn’t have to be all about helping a team or taking money. He was in a position of power and he was dishonest - that’s corruption
I’ve given my view on it. If you want to lower the bar to that extent, everybody, everywhere is corrupt and it becomes meaningless.

I’ve given my view on it. If you want to lower the bar to that extent, everybody, everywhere is corrupt and it becomes meaningless.
Im not lowering the bar and it doesn’t mean everyone is corrupt unless everyone is in a position of power and dishonest. This is from Cambridge dictionary so they must be lowering the bar

IMG_9816.jpeg

There was nothing wrong with Walker's reaction. He just showed disappointment that he didn't get the penalty.
I'm not talking about the mad breakdancing flip thing, that's understandable, he's frustrated.
I'm talking about his actions as they hit the deck.
Have another watch of the incident (if you can bear to put yourself through it again), he seems to be solely focused on making sure that his final position after the fall is clearly ahead of Sterling. Whilst looking over at the ref he tries to sort of 'swim' across the turf.

If you've read my other posts you'll see that I'm in agreement with you on pretty much all the points you made, the post you quoted was me simply accepting that I could now see the possibility of why this decision possibly didn't go in our favor.

I'm more concerned about this modern interpretation that "bear hugging at a corner and then forcibly throwing an opponent to the floor in the penalty area isn't a foul if the ball gets cut out before it reaches where you were". It's utter bollocks!

Im not lowering the bar and it doesn’t mean everyone is corrupt unless everyone is in a position of power and dishonest. This is from Cambridge dictionary so they must be lowering the bar

View attachment 107611
That's the generally accepted definition, I guess. Then there are further definitions within that for political corruption, for example, or, more relevant to what we are discussing, corruption of processes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.