Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Its been a decent thread to be honest.

Lots of back and forth. And refreshing were not all calling each other cunts. Saving that for downstairs.
Yeah, since the heat has been removed, we can at least discuss things relatively freely.

I‘m painted as some kind of sympathiser because I stick my head above the water and suggest all refereeing isn’t corrupt.

The corruption=woke has clarified it for me in my mind. People have bastardised what corruption means and it’s now a catch all term to describe all decisions that don’t go the way they think they should.

Clattenburg is a fool. He should have cautioned Bellamy for dissent, and dismissed him if he gave dissent again. Criticising Bellamy for being obnoxious doesn't wash when in the same breath you admit that you deliberately bent the laws when dealing with him.
Clattenburg is shady as fuck.

Still allowed to ref despite being in court for threating behaviour in his outside business life. (Dealt with Thaksin Shinawatra - no conflict of interest there)

Then fucked off to Saudi which has no extradition treaty. Now he's back in a shady job at Forest and being cuddly on Gladiators.

An official knowingly making an incorrect decision with potential game changing consequences, in a £Multi-Billion industry isn't corruption?

If it was unconscious bias then you might have a point, but Clattenberg made a conscious decision to fcuk the player over because he didn't like him... and he ADMITTED so.
Sorry, I didn't think I was replying to the Clattenburg revelations, just generally. Also, it seemed we were talking about corruption in terms of bribery, which as I say, is difficult to prove. I don't think there is that level of corruption in our game. There may be, or may have been instances of it, but I don't think we have Italian style match fixing on our hands.

I've made a separate comment detailing my thoughts on Clattenburg.

Could you define corruption for me and explain why a City vs Bolton game would be the match for him to use this?
Why not look it up as you seem not to know the definition. It doesn’t have to be all about helping a team or taking money. He was in a position of power and he was dishonest - that’s corruption

In 2009, where we hadn’t ever challenged for anything in the league. Why would Clattenburg choose that game to fix?

The easy answer is that he didn’t and made a decision based on personal dislike, rather than manipulating the result.

Similar to someone accusing me of being a Putin sympathiser because they don’t like what I post. People make snap decisions all the time based on their own bias.

No-one is talking about that incident affecting the result, they are talking about a referee being able to make decisions based on personal prejudice, not based on the laws of the game, presumably without any scrutiny or correction (although who knows, it's all so opaque). That is a corruption.

There is no equivalence with someone calling you a Putin sympathiser. That person is not in a position of authority over you in the way referees, PGMOL as a whole or the PL are over the football environment and its processes. If that person was a mod, and he was misusing his position, then yes he would be corrupting the process of moderation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.