Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

2. the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.

There is little proof of 1 and lots of proof of 2 in this thread, ironically around the word itself.
I’m going back to work. It’s easier than arguing with you. Is that your job?

Because you said, “Play in red and it goes in your favour every time”

So I assumed you’d have at least one example to back that claim up?

But anyway. Enough work for one day. Time for the pub I think.

I know what you are getting at, but it's a little disingenuous to ask for actual examples, imho, from a City fan who hasn't the time or the inclination to track all disputed incidents other than through perception. I am a little busy next few days but I will look through all the disputed handballs this season on Johnson's articles (they all have photos I think) and see what I can find.

As an aside, I used to like his articles until the Rashford/ Fernandes goal and the mental gymnastics to give the "official" view. I suppose it's normal. He gets input from the PL and PGMOL, he wouldn't if he went against the grain. To me he is just an intellectual Gallagher. Useful archive, though. I will have a look.

I’m going back to work. It’s easier than arguing with you. Is that your job?
Having a debate on social media isn’t a job. Repeatedly telling me that I’m wrong without proof doesn’t get us anywhere.

I posted the dictionary.com definition above. It’s pretty much what I think corruption is.

All referee's are straight down the line and honest and Anthony Taylor really is an Alti fan.
Can any City fan really say that we are refereed very differently to the rags and dippers. I find it very tough going watching any of the red top games, due to the obvious commentary and decisions that are given consistently in their favour.
Has anybody noticed that most of the dodgy decisions given in the red tops favour is very rarely shown from multiple angles, as is done with the rest of the clubs.
Prime example: Salahs handball when scoring against us last season. Then when we thought we had scored, there were camara angles coming out of their arses to say why the goal should not stand.
Yes we are refereed differently.

Personally, I think this whole "who do you support thing" is nonsense. It's wide open to deception (who really believes that stuff) and the PL / PGMOL should be able to ensure impartiality whilst having the best referees refereeing the most high profile games, through training, monitoring, review and, if required, correcting action. Those lists don't help at all. It's superficial nonsense that doesn't do anything.
Especially when it's a known fact that you are never further than 6 feet away from a raggy fan at any stage of your life as there are so many of them.
Yet not one ref has the bollocks to admit they are rodent lovers.
What are the odds on this occurance?

Especially when it's a known fact that you are never further than 6 feet away from a raggy fan at any stage of your life as there are so many of them.
Yet not one ref has the bollocks to admit they are rodent lovers.
What are the odds on this occurance?

It really shouldn't matter. They should he able to do their job fairly and impartially. It's up to the PL and PGMOL to make sure that happens.

I know what you are getting at, but it's a little disingenuous to ask for actual examples, imho, from a City fan who hasn't the time or the inclination to track all disputed incidents other than through perception. I am a little busy next few days but I will look through all the disputed handballs this season on Johnson's articles (they all have photos I think) and see what I can find.

As an aside, I used to like his articles until the Rashford/ Fernandes goal and the mental gymnastics to give the "official" view. I suppose it's normal. He gets input from the PL and PGMOL, he wouldn't if he went against the grain. To me he is just an intellectual Gallagher. Useful archive, though. I will have a look.

To be clear.

My original post was wondering if Johnson was right, more than claiming the poster on here was wrong.

I was surprised at his claim. Which if you didn’t see my original post, I’ll repeat.

He claims there have been only five penalties this season for handball that have been called by the VAR after no penalty on field. And every one of them has been when an arm has been well away from the body. Every single incident where the ball has struck an arm/ hand close to the body, like on Saturday, has stayed with the on field decision.

Right, and now I really am off to the pub.

To be clear.

My original post was wondering if Johnson was right, more than claiming the poster on here was wrong.

I was surprised at his claim. Which if you didn’t see my original post, I’ll repeat.

He claims there have been only five penalties this season for handball that have been called by the VAR after no penalty on field. And every one of them has been when an arm has been well away from the body. Every single incident where the ball has struck an arm/ hand close to the body, like on Saturday, has stayed with the on field decision.

Right, and now I really am off to the pub.

:) Have a good one.

It's never ending isn't it? The definition that was asked for clearly states corruption requires a position of authority. The players don't have that position of authority over the game. Referees do.

A process is corrupted if it produces the wrong results for the process owner, happens regularly and is not corrected.

It's as easy as that.

(Oh never mind. I see we have made up our own definition of corruption now the dictionary definition was a little inconvenient).

Edit: As you were, it was dictionary.com and said "conduct by people in power" anyway, which rules out players and most of us but not, noticeably, referees, PGMOL and the PL in the refereeing process.
Like I said mate I can't be bothered trying to debate to someone who really can't see the wood for the trees...
If he can't accept that cheating is a form of corruption then that's his problem not mine.
Hopefully tonight we can just talk about how good we were and not have to mention the referee or var..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.