Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

View attachment 107613
View attachment 107614

An old List from 21/22 season. Struggling to find an updated one.

I'd hope professionality would come into play over allegiance to football teams but you can see how it might subconsciously affect some.

For example.

Stuart Attwell gets an Everton game which could impact Luton.

A few years ago Kevin Friend was removed from a match for that reason.

Personally, I think this whole "who do you support thing" is nonsense. It's wide open to deception (who really believes that stuff) and the PL / PGMOL should be able to ensure impartiality whilst having the best referees refereeing the most high profile games, through training, monitoring, review and, if required, correcting action. Those lists don't help at all. It's superficial nonsense that doesn't do anything.

My last post on this issue with you as you obviously just want to prolong a pointless debate.
If someone on here was a ref and sent off a player for no reason and knowing that was a bullshit decision then it's cheating and corrupting the game.
In my eyes if you deliberately break the rules it's cheating and if that cheating changes a game then it's corrupt.
He said he sent Bellamy off because he didn't like him but who is to say that he didn't financially benefit from that decision..he's admitted he's a rule breaking **** and it's no beyond the realms of possibility that he gained a financial incentive,
Probably easier to do something like that in a game with little at stake so less scrutiny.
So it wasn’t corruption, it was a shit referee executing a personal vendetta for his own shits and giggles.

No one can say if he was financially rewarded for it or not as it’s unknown.

He could have done it because he hated the Welsh too.

It didn’t work too well as we equalised anyway.

Sorry mate, if I misunderstood your thoughts. There is a tendency to exaggerate contact on the modern game, and I despise it from all players, including City players. I watched Sterling in the clip, and he is just genuinely trying to get the ball. There was no guile at all in his play. He's definitely an honest player, and it would have been very harsh to penalise him for that. Correct decision for me.

Walker initiates the contact. It's one of those where Clattenburg would have done that 'coming together' thing with his hands.
Given the chance I'd have a coming together with Crappenbent. Use your imagination.

Not sure that was necessary, but it failed to get a reaction as you showed it was literally for WUMming purposes.

The players gain an advantage if it changes the result in their favour. That’s blatant result manipulation!

I don’t believe that 99.9% of refs are corrupt. Some are easier to be led by crowds and players than others. The top ones should be less swayed though.
It wasn't my intention to wind you up, I do it to mirror my annunciation, I only put the 'disclaimer' in as a friendly sort of prod.

Not to worry, in the future I'll make a mental note to refrain from attempting to be friendly to you.

Why does there need to be a similar example? It was like a basketball move and, no, I can't think of one as blatant as that. It wasn't only handball it was also a shirt pull. Right in front of the referee.

Because you said, “Play in red and it goes in your favour every time”

So I assumed you’d have at least one example to back that claim up?

But anyway. Enough work for one day. Time for the pub I think.

I bet all referees have made decisions based on dislike of a player.

What would most people on here do if they were refereeing Bruno Fernandes? Would that be corruption?

Clattenburg is the referee with the most question marks around him. Rightly so as he’s run his mouth off admitting he made decisions based on his inability to be totally professional. It defines him as a shit referee and a bad egg.

I see corruption as someone gaining financial or power reward in exchange for making incorrect decisions to change results. I don’t see any proof of that.
Have you called the dictionary companies so they can update to the AHT edition

My last post on this issue with you as you obviously just want to prolong a pointless debate.
If someone on here was a ref and sent off a player for no reason and knowing that was a bullshit decision then it's cheating and corrupting the game.
In my eyes if you deliberately break the rules it's cheating and if that cheating changes a game then it's corrupt.
He said he sent Bellamy off because he didn't like him but who is to say that he didn't financially benefit from that decision..he's admitted he's a rule breaking **** and it's no beyond the realms of possibility that he gained a financial incentive,
Probably easier to do something like that in a game with little at stake so less scrutiny.

It's never ending isn't it? The definition that was asked for clearly states corruption requires a position of authority. The players don't have that position of authority over the game. Referees do.

A process is corrupted if it produces the wrong results for the process owner, happens regularly and is not corrected.

It's as easy as that.

(Oh never mind. I see we have made up our own definition of corruption now the dictionary definition was a little inconvenient).

Edit: As you were, it was dictionary.com and said "conduct by people in power" anyway, which rules out players and most of us but not, noticeably, referees, PGMOL and the PL in the refereeing process.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.