Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

For that to be true Brentford would have suffered in a similar manner to us. I cannot think of one instance last night where they could have moaned about a decision against them.

Tbf, apart from the first 5 minutes, when Haaland flattened one of their defenders on the touchline. Not sure there were many more, though.

I see no Defenders of the Ref have been on here yet !
How about this one. Foden is in full flow and blatantly pushed in the back to send him sprawling...... no foul despite Brentford getting several for the slightest contact.
Or, Doku is pushed making him miskick, the ball goes goes 40 yards back towards our goal. Advantage played. How is that an advantage ?
Or, nah, you know what, it's not worth it. It is so blatant and obvious.

Again tbf, I am not surprised they don't come on this thread to justify what is clearly a minority opinion and always in an emotional debate after games. Personally, I would stay away, so kudos to them for contributing.

If I can defend referees a little, they have a very difficult job in increasingly difficult circumstances and are working for an organisation that does absolutely nothing to help their reputations at all. In fact, everything they do just seems to increase the levels of suspicion and distrust of referees. And, at the end of the day, they have all been promoted through the divisions, I suppose. They haven't all become incompetent when they get to the PL.

That said, I find it absolutely unbelievable that people can think an organisation that has spent 15 years trying to stop City from developing with new rules, investigations and, now, ill-advised allegations of fraud and deceit isn't capable of manipulating game results to maintain the value of its product. How can anyone expect the PL to act with sporting integrity on the pitch when they can't operate with organisational integrity off it?

Again tbf, I am not surprised they don't come on this thread to justify what is clearly a minority opinion and always in an emotional debate after games. Personally, I would stay away, so kudos to them for contributing.

If I can defend referees a little, they have a very difficult job in increasingly difficult circumstances and are working for an organisation that does absolutely nothing to help their reputations at all. In fact, everything they do just seems to increase the levels of suspicion and distrust of referees. And, at the end of the day, they have all been promoted through the divisions, I suppose. They haven't all become incompetent when they get to the PL.

That said, I find it absolutely unbelievable that people can think an organisation that has spent 15 years trying to stop City from developing with new rules, investigations and, now, ill-advised allegations of fraud and deceit isn't capable of manipulating game results to maintain the value of its product. How can anyone expect the PL to act with sporting integrity on the pitch when they can't operate with organisational integrity off it?
Almost as if the PiGMOL are deliberately muddying the waters.

I see no Defenders of the Ref have been on here yet !
How about this one. Foden is in full flow and blatantly pushed in the back to send him sprawling...... no foul despite Brentford getting several for the slightest contact.
Or, Doku is pushed making him miskick, the ball goes goes 40 yards back towards our goal. Advantage played. How is that an advantage ?
Or, nah, you know what, it's not worth it. It is so blatant and obvious.
I was going mad last night about the ref, more so than usual but the foul on Doku which the ref then made a big show of signaling advantage was the straw that broke the camel's back. How can retaining possession 30 - 40 yards further back from where you were be more advantageous than a free kick further up the field. Same situation occurred against Chelsea when rather a free kick at the edge of the box being awarded advantage was played as we kept possession albeit right on the touchline. Another subtle way refs are screwing us over. Look at me playing the advantage to keep the game flowing rather than stop start all the time. Note to refs, it's not an advantage! Remember the ref blowing up when Jack was through on goal, it's all gone full circle.

Another quick one but in this instance it is NOT a go at the ref or linesman.
Early on the ball over the top, a Brentford player was clearly offside but ran on to it and Eddie had to dive at his feet. Only then did the flag go up. They were playing to the rule but the rule is stupid. Eddie has already been injured this season why cant the PL relax this joke of a rule ?

Another quick one but in this instance it is NOT a go at the ref or linesman.
Early on the ball over the top, a Brentford player was clearly offside but ran on to it and Eddie had to dive at his feet. Only then did the flag go up. They were playing to the rule but the rule is stupid. Eddie has already been injured this season why cant the PL relax this joke of a rule ?

He was clearly offside so the flag should have gone up. They are only supposed to keep it down when they aren't sure, no? That's why the defenders went crazy at the linesman. Who knows what could have happened? Again.

Coote's a Forest fan. A client of mine plays cricket with him at Collingham CC, in Notts. He's quite open about it as well.
Must be a good cricketer to play for Collingham. Also a love ground in a lovely setting right on thr river Trent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.