Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Believe it or not, every post I make on here is an honest opinion. I don’t have any agenda.

I’ll have to wait until I see a replay to have an opinion on this one though. From behind the net, it’s just impossible to tell how close it was.
It was miles off to my naked eye , delaying the flag was stupid, if two dippers got serious injuries like we have then they would have changed that rule ages ago

When are they taken to the mind changing labs before becoming a Premier League ref ?
Honestly most of them look a little bit lost out there as they’ve been fast tracked through.

It’s invaluable for them to experience having a fat bastard like Ashley Barnes following them around the pitch trying to ref the game for them.

After the delayed offside and our lads giving him some shit, the next time they were off his flag was up immediately.

Now that can be looked at various way but my money is on he shit himself with Stones & Dias giving him some verbals. Shows what a weak twat he was.

Another quick one but in this instance it is NOT a go at the ref or linesman.
Early on the ball over the top, a Brentford player was clearly offside but ran on to it and Eddie had to dive at his feet. Only then did the flag go up. They were playing to the rule but the rule is stupid. Eddie has already been injured this season why cant the PL relax this joke of a rule ?
I said exactly the same at the time.

I believe that after the two City injuries, Everton and Newcastle, that linesman were reminded that the delayed flag was only for really close calls and if they’re sure it’s offside, to get the flag up.

I did notice a couple shortly afterwards where they seemed to be following this guideline.

I’m behind the goal so have no idea how close the one last night was. But I did say to my next door neighbour that I think Toney, was it? pulled out of challenging Ederson because he knew he was off.

I actually like the rule when it’s applied correctly.

We had one at I think Wolves a couple of years ago where he looked miles off and everyone almost stopped but it ended up in the net and proved onside.
West Brom it was. Cancelo goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.