Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

...and how long was the VAR check for their first goal? Apparently it was VERY tight but we wouldn't really know as one singular angle was shown (the wrong angle) and the goal was awarded as soon as it hit the back of the net. In the prem in multiple matches EVERY week for thirty-odd weeks you very, very rarely see a check for a VERY tight call given as quickly as that.

Shite as usual but I am not suggesting he was the sole reason we did lose the final in the manner that we did. I haven't forgotten the Spurs one however it would have been nice to have another penalty in a crucial game. Especially the second one.

Last edited:
I’m never gonna watch it again so I’ll never be able to fully confirm what I saw with my own eyes that this clown was out of his depth.

Bottled the first minute penalty and that seemed to be the catalyst for him to totally lose his head. A litany of bookable fouls went unpunished, Fernandes wasn’t given an automatic booking for stopping a free kick being taken and a masterclass of a time wasting workshop was delivered by the rags with this clown just standing idly by.

This reached its zenith when during the handbags incident Onana decided to take a leisurely stroll all the way from his goal line to their bench and back again completely untroubled by the officials. Had he added on the correct amount of injury time they’d still be playing now.

Any future discussions about appallingly incompetent / corrupt refereeing displays must now be measured against this unprecedentedly poor benchmark

I’m never gonna watch it again so I’ll never be able to fully confirm what I saw with my own eyes that this clown was out of his depth.

Bottled the first minute penalty and that seemed to be the catalyst for him to totally lose his head. A litany of bookable fouls went unpunished, Fernandes wasn’t given an automatic booking for stopping a free kick being taken and a masterclass of a time wasting workshop was delivered by the rags with this clown just standing idly by.

This reached its zenith when during the handbags incident Onana decided to take a leisurely stroll all the way from his goal line to their bench and back again completely untroubled by the officials. Had he added on the correct amount of injury time they’d still be playing now.

Any future discussions about appallingly incompetent / corrupt refereeing displays must now be measured against this unprecedentedly poor benchmark
The second one was a stonewall penalty despite Shearer's attempt to gaslight it. Oliver on VAR says it all really. However, VAR, Ref etc can't be blamed today. We were shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.