Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Isn’t the general consensus that if people want VAR at all, it’s for the big, game changing incidents only?

I don’t see many people advocating for them getting involved in every incorrect run of the mill foul or throw in.
...and yet in European matches we see corners incorrectly given and then after a quick tap of the ear, the ref "changes his mind" and correctly gives a goal kick.

Don't want to be that guy defending the referees but he can't really see anything in detail from there. The only angle to see clearly was from in front and there is no-one there. He guessed foul and got it wrong, imo.

The linesman was on the other side of the pitch wasn't he? And he was useless too btw ....
There are three officials, and they are all mic'd up. There is no way all three of them didn't see it was a good tackle.

At best, the referee guessed, and the other two just nodded in agreement.

I’ve not watched the whole game but from the bits I selected to look at there did seem to be a lot of inconsistency in the decisions. One point I would pick on as a clear mistake was the offside decision that led to Rodri’s yellow card. Having looked at that by freezing the images I think it was probably onside, but in any event was too close to be considered ab ”obvious” offside to the naked eye and given that var was in place the referee should not have stopped the game at that point. If you stop play for very borderline offside decisions then what is the point of having var? That doesn’t excuse Rodri who needs to learn to avoid giving referees the slightest opportunity to produce cards.

Precisely. I thought the rule now was to let the play develop in a potential offside situation and letting VAR make the call?

That's certainly what happened with THAT offside in the Derby, despite the lino putting his flag up.

It's a bullshit decision which resulted in Rodder's getting another unnecessary yellow card. I'm sure we'll see ANOTHER clarification of the rules from the PiGMOL which flies in the face of the way the rules were 'interpreted' in our game.

...and yet in European matches we see corners incorrectly given and then after a quick tap of the ear, the ref "changes his mind" and correctly gives a goal kick.

Speaking of which, we haven't had half the problems with the referees in the two CL games this season, compared to the PL, have we? Can't remember much. No VAR crises either, I think.

One thing I remember on Saturday was the blatant push on Foden as he was breaking forward in the first half. It should have resulted in a free kick and a booking for the Brighton player.

I could see it clearly from SS3 but the ref and linesman who were both within 20 yards couldn’t. Foden was furious but the ref waived play-on. Utterly pathetic officiating.
It’s happening every game now.Nudging a City player in the back when they are on the ball is no longer a foul,it’s perfectly f’kin acceptable.Got to even it up somehow…. Bent.

Duko offside.png
This is as close as I can get to the instant the ball is played, the next frame I can capture has the ball about 12-18 inches away from Bernardo and Duko has moved forward a bit and is then about level with the last defender. So no way is this clear and obviously offside - I'll await Howard Webb's apology with bated breath (not).

View attachment 96484
This is as close as I can get to the instant the ball is played, the next frame I can capture has the ball about 12-18 inches away from Bernardo and Duko has moved forward a bit and is then about level with the last defender. So no way is this clear and obviously offside - I'll await Howard Webb's apology with bated breath (not).
The referee reacted to the flag and blew the whistle.

I genuinely thought protocol was to let the play develop and let VAR decide if the ball ends up in the net. After this nonsense I now think the protocol is (especially where we are concerned) whatever the f*ck they want it to be.

View attachment 96484
Is this the build up to the Rodri booking?

Whether it is actually offside or not is moot once the ref’s whistle goes and he plays the ball afterwards.

Don't want to be that guy defending the referees but he can't really see anything in detail from there. The only angle to see clearly was from in front and there is no-one there. He guessed foul and got it wrong, imo.

The linesman was on the other side of the pitch wasn't he? And he was useless too btw ....
the linesman on other side of pitch missed a brighton player stamp on Doku right in front of him
that was one way to stop him running riot wasnt same input after that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.