Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Guessing ? How the fuck can one guess better than another, they shouldnt be guessing anything , you dont see it clearly then it didnt happen
Exactly. Guesswork my arse, there’s a referee plus 2 assistants, plus a 4th official, and var for the bigger decisions, yet he says a large element is guesswork. Says it all

Exactly. Guesswork my arse, there’s a referee plus 2 assistants, plus a 4th official, and var for the bigger decisions, yet he says a large element is guesswork. Says it all

That’s because neither of you have ever refereed a game of football. If you had, and it’s irrelevant whether it’s a Sunday League 4th Division game or a World Cup Final, you’d know there are many occasions in every game, where the referee is making a decision on what has most likely happened, rather than is 100% certain of.

Of course at the top end with all the help that brings, you can expect the referee to get more decisions right than a guy completely on his own in the park. But the same principle applies.

If the VAR era has highlighted anything it is how many big decisions in football are subjective.

In multiple games in every round of Premier League games you will see decisions where the VAR will stick with the onfield decision, whichever way it has gone.

If you think every decision in football is a black or white, right or wrong call, you’ve not been paying much attention these last six years or so.

That’s because neither of you have ever refereed a game of football. If you had, and it’s irrelevant whether it’s a Sunday League 4th Division game or a World Cup Final, you’d know there are many occasions in every game, where the referee is making a decision on what has most likely happened, rather than is 100% certain of.

Of course at the top end with all the help that brings, you can expect the referee to get more decisions right than a guy completely on his own in the park. But the same principle applies.

If the VAR era has highlighted anything it is how many big decisions in football are subjective.

In multiple games in every round of Premier League games you will see decisions where the VAR will stick with the onfield decision, whichever way it has gone.

If you think every decision in football is a black or white, right or wrong call, you’ve not been paying much attention these last six years or so.
Maybe a ref needs to wear a camera to show what they can see from within the game unfolding.

I don’t think the people that can’t believe that some decisions are educated guesswork have any perspective of how different viewing a game is from a second tier camera.

All it takes is a player to obscure a view and the ref literally can see what has happened.

Do refs finish warming up on the own ? Never noticed it before and thought than that this ref seems to like the attention. He finished warming up on his own and I thought what a knobhead

You can get a good idea what the ref is going to be like when they walk out on the pitch. The more fervently they sweep the ball off the plinth the more likely they will think they are the number 1 person on the pitch. It shouldn't be their job anyway, should be the home mascot.

Maybe a ref needs to wear a camera to show what they can see from within the game unfolding.

I don’t think the people that can’t believe that some decisions are educated guesswork have any perspective of how different viewing a game is from a second tier camera.

All it takes is a player to obscure a view and the ref literally can see what has happened.

Cameras on refs wouldn't be much good really. If you've ever watched those police progs when the copper is chasing the villain you don't actually see anything because of the vibrations.

Cameras on refs wouldn't be much good really. If you've ever watched those police progs when the copper is chasing the villain you don't actually see anything because of the vibrations.
I don’t mean a regular thing, just something to highlight how differently a ref sees the game to the TV pictures and replays that fans get.

Sky did a bit of it with their VR a season or so ago, I seem to remember.

Just allow us access to the voice comm's between the official and VAR.

Honestly; what have they got to hide?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.