Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I think most of us can accept that referees have to asses very quickly what they hink is likely to have happened, taking into account the circumstances and what they can actually see. The Foden free-kick at the end of the match was a classic case of this. Was it more likely that Foden came from the side, or behind, and touched got to the ball first before taking down the opponent, or was it more likely he either fould the opponent, or touched the ball after fouling the opponent. Clearly, it was a wrong decision with the benefit of slow-motion and different angles, and it could have been costly. But I have some sympathy with him on that one.
I wouldnt have had sympathy if Brighton had scored from the free kick. The speed of the game and keeping up with younger fitter athletes, many who will try to create advantages (or cheat) makes reffing difficult.

He’ll have been looking through the Brighton player’s body.

There will be loads of incidents that blindside the officials in all games,

Phil clearly wins the ball and the ref clearly has a good view of it.

View attachment 96459

View attachment 96460
Possibly, but you can't tell from these pictures as he's not in shot in either, it would depend where he was in that half.

I'm sorry you don't like criticism of referee's, but some of it is justified.

Such as the offside that led to Rodri's yellow card, the flag should never gone up until the move finished, and/or the referee should have waited till it finished. I thought at the time it was marginal, and so it proved. (Rodri's part in it having heard the whistle was stupid because they all know that can happen, but a bit of common sense could have prevailed too.)

the linesman on other side of pitch missed a brighton player stamp on Doku right in front of him
that was one way to stop him running riot wasnt same input after that
Indeed, you will note in my original post I state - “That doesn’t excuse Rodri who needs to learn to avoid giving referees the slightest opportunity to produce cards”
But of course the reverse applies, the referee and assistant get away with a mistake because no one notices, and unlike with some other clubs, the media isn’t interested in highlighting it.

Indeed, you will note in my original post I state - “That doesn’t excuse Rodri who needs to learn to avoid giving referees the slightest opportunity to produce cards”
But of course the reverse applies, the referee and assistant get away with a mistake because no one notices, and unlike with some other clubs, the media isn’t interested in highlighting it.
thats why we've got var media only focused on wrong decisions that effected cartel clubs the rest just suck it up

Possibly, but you can't tell from these pictures as he's not in shot in either, it would depend where he was in that half.

I'm sorry you don't like criticism of referee's, but some of it is justified.

Such as the offside that led to Rodri's yellow card, the flag should never gone up until the move finished, and/or the referee should have waited till it finished. I thought at the time it was marginal, and so it proved. (Rodri's part in it having heard the whistle was stupid because they all know that can happen, but a bit of common sense could have prevailed too.)
Justified critiscism is absolutely fair game.

The fact that most of it isn’t or is OTT is where I come in.

The offside move could have carried on, I agree. It doesn’t justify Rodri kicking the ball away after the whistle had gone though.

As you suggest, the linesman is out of shot, so none of us can know for certain what he could or couldn’t see. You’ve decided that he should have seen it though. He could have blinked at the wrong moment or had his view totally obstructed.

The offside move could have carried on, I agree. It doesn’t justify Rodri kicking the ball away after the whistle had gone though.
As I said.
As you suggest, the linesman is out of shot, so none of us can know for certain what he could or couldn’t see. You’ve decided that he should have seen it though.
I haven't, I said "should have", not "did have".

I know I had a very good view of it, and it wasn't a foul. It was clearly from the side not behind, and it was clear he won the ball, he even wins it from the side the referee is on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.